• 5 •

Anika

We got to Richard's place and we sat in his living room and got cpnfortable and I was still trying to figure how I would twll him everything. I have never told him why I moved her or with whom. I only told him about my first boyfriend that cheated on me.

Me and Richard have known each other for a year and half, but we only started dating about...three months now and  yesterday he asked me if I was ready to meet his friends, I mean the only one I really knew for the longest was Joel. When I moved out from the house that I used to share with Zabdiel, I moved to a new apartment, which was next to Joel and that's how I met Richard.

°°° One year and half ago °°°

I was leaving my apartment to meet with Jessie, my best friend, when I bumped into someone.

'I am so sorry, I was distracted with not knowing the whereabouts of my sunglasses' I said as I got up and looked into the person who had fallen with me to the ground. He was handsome with his brown eyes and vibrant red hair, which I really liked.

'There's no problem nena, and by the way, your sunglasses are in your head' I led my hand to my head and felt my face burning from the embaressement I just has put myself through. 'I'm Richard' He streched his hand towards me, as a sign to shake it, which I took gladlly.

'I'm Anika' He tilted his head and gave me a soft smile

'I like your name, Anika is not very common is it?' Was he flirting? or am I so lonely that think that every guys that finds my name cute is flirting?

'It's my great grandmother's name, honestly I never heard no one with the same name' He gave me a little cute smile, that made me smile as well, I felt my phone vibrating and saw that it was jessie telling me that she was waiting for me  'Well I need to go, it was nice to meet you, Richard' I turned around and as I was walking away, I heard my name being called

'Anika, wait, have you seen Joel? He lives in front of you, I was hoping he was home but he's not'

'Yeah, actually I saw him yesterday leave the apartment, but I haven't seen him since then'  He just nodded his head 

'Thank you Anika, I guess I'll se you around' There he goes with his cute little smile, leaving me here smiling like a fool, until I remembered I had Jessie downstairs.

°°° Present Day °°°

'You can start if you're ready nika' He said as he sat on the couch next to me, I knew he was a bit dissapointed, but why wouldn't he be

' I'm just going to cut it a bit short' I was nervous, it was the first time of me telling what happened, besides Jessie, but she was there... 'I met Zabdiel when I was 17 years old, I used to work in a clothing store back in Miami and he walked in one day and we got along ever since, we went on multiple dates, but we never admitted that they were dates until, one day, he kissed me and we started dating. Things were really good and after two years of dating, we thought we should live together, we rent an apartment near the clothing store I used to work, and Zabdiel one day, recieved a letter from the college that he had dreamt about and without any doubts we moved to here, to cali...'

°°° Three years ago °°°

'Zabdiel wake up, you're going to be late' I tried to wake his lazy ass for the 10th time this morning, I needed to be at work in 20 minutes and he need to get to class in 30.

'Ya voy mamita, aún es temprano' I rolled my eyes, this was the 10th time he said that

'Amor, te quedan 30 minutos para empezar las clases!' I had to scream, having a 20 year old going to clases is like having a 7 year old doing that, exusting. As I said that he jumped out of bed and started to run through our room. I just went to the kitchen and grabbed my watter bottle and I was ready to leave when I saw him stumbling while puting his demin jacket on with his backpack hanging on his left shoulder. I smiled at the sight of that, and I realised that I was madly in love with him.