• 11 •

Anika

We were still at Joel's house, and things may have got a bit out of control, since Erick and Chris decided to invite some friends over. At this point Joel was the  definition of wasted and he barely cared who'd come to his party or not. Me? Not so sober, but no so drunk, I knew my limits and I'm pretty sure that I don't want to do what I did the last time I got severely drunk.

°°° 3 years ago °°°

Zabdiel managed to convince me to go to one of his college friend's house, it was a small party according to Zab, but still, I don't know anyone.

'Tranquila amol, les vas a gustal' He had his arm over my shoulder and our hands were connected.

'Pero y se les caigo mal' It had become easier for me to speak spanish, and since I started dating with Zabdiel and improved my spanish, my mom had become even founder of him for making the effort to teach me, mom says I have always been stubborn, even as a child, but since Zabdiel became a part of my life, that I have become a better version of myself, and that made me fall even harder in love with him.

'Nena, everybody I know likes you, even my family likes you more than they like me, and that is a fact, my abuelita said that more than a couple times for me to get the hint' We were walking in an empty sidewalk, which I was thankful for, because the one across from us was full with kids throwing up. I was listening to the pretty boy talking, when that key word catched my attention.

'What hint?' I asked as I , sadly, untangle myself from his embrace, since it was starting to get hot, but never let go of his hand.

'Oh, you know...the kind of "If you ever let her go, I will beat you till you get her back"  hint' I loved his abuelita, she reminded me of mine and most of the times that made me miss her even more.

I was so drunk, that my alchool percentage was higher than the percentage of a bottle of vodka. At this point all I wanted to do was swimm and make angels in the snow...

'Mira amor, estoy nadando con angelitos de nieve ' I screamed as I was laying in the floor, attempting to do that. I heard Zabdiel's voice from a distance and a background voice too

'Bro, your girlfriend is the best!!' I bursted a laugh out of nowhere and at the same time felt nauseous.

'You have no idea. C'mon nena, let's go home' I groaned and pounted, as he lifted me from the floor.

'I don't want to leave the angels here alone amor' I was sad, because I didn't  want to leave my new friends behind

'They can come with us' and that was the happiest moment of my drunk life

°°° Present day °°°

Me swimming in the floor was the stupidest thing I have ever done in my life, and when we got home I remember that I made zabdiel put the bathtub full with water so I could actually swimm, but he didn't do it so I got a bit mad at him, but that soon went away.

I laughed as I remembered what Zabdiel's abuela meant by "the hint" and I started to wonder if she ever really beated his ass off, if she did so, I would be thankful to her for the rest of my life.

I felt the seat next to me sink and I lookd only to see Richard

'You sober?' I ssked the boy and he nodded with his head

'Yes, but I wish I wasn't' He said as he pointed to Erick and Chris dancing with their shirts off along with Anna and Victoria, who still had their shirts on. I let out a smile as I saw those two being the crazy heads they are, how I missed being around them. 'So, are you and Zab back toghether?' My stomach drop to the floor and I felt my heart getring heavier, I didn't want to lie to him, but I didn't want him to feel bad.

'I don't want to lie to you, but we kind of are, we are giving it a try, see how things go. I'm going to have a hard time to trust him fully again and it doesn't if he has my whole heart... but I want to now if you feel confortable with this'

'Anika, listen to me, I backed up so ypu two could have a chance. He did you wrong and what he did was unforgivable, but you forgave him because you love him, you always have. Even when I didn't knew it was him, I always knew you loved your ex. I just thought that you would never see him again and that you could fall madly in love with me as you fallen for him, but that's the plot twist, nobody falls in love with the same intencity, and the way you looked at Zabdiel all of those times gave you in before you did.' I felt bad for him, it was never my intentioj to give him false hopes, in reality I believed that I was in love with him, never like I was with Zabdiel, but I loved richard and I still do, but now I understand that it had been a platonic love all along. ' and I know that he loves you too, eventhough he did that shit, I know he blames himself  for putting you in that bad place and he is willing to fight for you. Sabes, Anika, tu causas esas cosas en las personas, donde todos se sienten bien contigo y no hay nadie en esta casa, aparte de los amigos de los dos chicos del party, que no le gustes y eso te torna muy especial' he got up and kissed the top of my head 'I am flattered that you thought lf me before getting real with each other, but I don't control your lives and all I want is to see both of you happy.' He left the area I was in and he went to dance with the other boys.

 I got up and started to look for Joel, who was probably needing help, I made the turn to the kitchen and saw him sucking the life out of that girl's lips. Since he was in good hands I went to look for Zabdiel, who was serving himself a drink in the table with almost of the bottles empty. I sneaked my arms around his torso, which made him jump.

'Que haces nena? Nos van a ver' he turned around and I put all my effort to reach his lips, kissing it.

'I was talking with richard, and he said that he was cool with this, that he can't get in the way of us two being in love with each other and that he just wanted us to be happy' I saw him smile and he put his drink on the table and grabbed me by my waist 'pero I still want things to go slow, I want to make sure I can trust you again, is that okay?'

'Todo lo que quieras para que estés bien, nena. Tenemos todo el tiempo del mundo' I missed him. I missed his voice, his laugh, the way he sounds when he speaks spanish and that turns the living shit of me on. I missed his eyes and his touch. I missed him so, so much.

'Do you want to leave?'  

°°°

My heart is beating for these two!!

Richard has my whole heart in this book, how comprehensive he is and he just wants the best for her, now that is love my dear friends 😭

-SavingR ❤