Chapter Ten

I was still fuming by the time the sun had fully gone down, and the fact that I was still in the squids stupid prisoner outfit wasn't helping at all.

So I left my bedroom, sneaking past the rooms of sleeping players and finally to the clothes shack. Since that battle, players that have... Passed... Have had their clothes placed in a shack for all the people whose clothes had been ruined and all that.

Everything that was clean had long since been taken, and all that was left were charred, blood splattered or broken clothing. It took a long time of rummaging (maybe 30 minutes max) but I finally found something that was okay.

I walked back to the castle with no questions asked, the few players that were out didn't choose to start a conversation with the girl covered in scars and glaring into the distance.

Once I had gotten into my room, I put on the clothing and looked at myself in the mirror, it was cracked in one corner from one of my past rampages, but I could use it.

It was the first time I looked at myself in a real mirror in ages, and I realised I had gotten so pale it looked almost white. After that I looked at the clothing. I had chosen a grey sweater-that had obviously been used in battle because of the splatter of blood-with darker grey patterns across it, some blue jeans that had been charred at the knees and ends, but the black boots with white laces covered that up.

One thing I had managed to snag was a pair of black headphones, with white on the ear part.

Not going to lie, I looked pretty depressing, with my dull clothing and scars poking out of the sleeves and neck of the sweater, it wasn't the prettiest sight. But it would certainly do to live. And with that I flopped down on the bed, tired and sore from to much moving.

-...-

When I woke up, the sun was just poking out over the ocean. To any other person, it would be pretty. But I despised the sight of it.

I stretched and threw the blankets off my body, dragging myself out of my room and down the stairs.

I had already decided to see Jason today, all I needed to do was slip past the breakfast going on in the giant room I have to around. The noise was enough to mask my footsteps, but it was my face I needed to hide.

With my head down low and my pace slightly rushed, I got past the door successfully, only to bump into one of the people I really didn't need to see right now.

"Woah!" His giant purple cloak cushioned his fall a bit, but the force must've hurt.

"Sorry." My voice still wasn't the same, but that yelling definitely didn't help.

"Oh, Hannah. Are you okay?" Seto asked as I helped him up.

"You're kind of the one who was on the floor a couple of seconds ago." I replied, smiling slightly.

"But you were the one in a squid base a day ago." He countered, straightening his clothing. An awkward silence filled the air as neither of us began to talk.

Finally I chose to cut the silence.

"So, I heard you're officially staying in the base. Or at least, that's what Bri told me when she was filling me in on everything I missed."

"Oh, yeah. I was alone for a good 3 years, maybe being in a group wouldn't be so bad." I chuckled slightly, and thus another silence settled between us, this time he said something first.

"So are you coming to breakfast?"

"Oh, no. I-Uh, had trouble sleeping last night, so I already ate." I lied, hoping to get past him.

"Ok, well I'll see you later then." He replied, walking towards that door.

By now my throat felt like it was on fire, I hadn't told him anything because I hated having people worry over me.

So I walked forward once more and hoped not to bump into anything again.

-...-