A White Lie Is Still A Lie (Part II )

"Hey Yura-ah..." Ji Yong greeted Yura. Yura was taken aback by his calm and almost gentle tone.

 "Hey Ji Yong-Oppa" Yura replied and received a smile in return.

Yura literally could not believe her eyes and ears. Ji Yong sounded so different from the Ji Yong she knew. It seemed like as if time had changed him from the sarcastic, arrogant and not to mention a bit self centered and irritating guy to a docile man.

"So....You excited Seo Jun?" Ji Yong asked 

"Yong-ah....Firstly this 'gentle' tone is not suiting you! And umm..... I guess I'm more nervous than excited" Seo Jun stated, drawing laughter from everyone.

 "Suzy-ah....You're the next one to be getting married...When is the wedding bell ringing?" Nana asked, her tone bubbling with excitement.

 Suzy turned red before answering, "Exactly four months later."

The crowd cheered at her response.

"So Yong-ah......When will you be getting married? And to whom? I mean at least you can reveal the gender" Seo Jun conspiratorially asked, drawing laughter from his friends (Except from Ji Yong who gave him a I-Don't-Care look) and causing Ji Yong to choke on his tequila.

"Yeah Ji Yong! Even the Playboy (refering to Seo Jun) is getting married.....What about you?" Nana asked 

"GOD! I'm not interested in these stuffs" Ji Yong replied.

 " Yong-ah...............FYI if you are interested in Victor(ia), he's already taken by my sister's ex-stalker, Niel......So.....Get A Girl And Get A Life." Seo Jun snickered.

*Victor aka Victoria was one of Ji Yong's batch-mates. His real name is Victor Burke. Victor prefers to be called Victoria, he used to have a huge crush on Ji Yong during their school days. And yes he's GAY.

*Daniel aka Niel  was Yura's ex-boyfriend whom she dated for just a week and then broke off with him in the 9th grade because she was just not interested in him and was set up on a blind date with Niel by her brother, Seo Jun, just for fun. After their break up, Niel started acting very weird and was obsessed over Yura that he began stalking her.

Ji Yong shut his eyes in irritation and when the laughter died, he stood up from his chair and said, "Seo Jun-ah........Gomawo for the joke that wasn't funny.....And I guess I need to get some fresh air."

Seo Jun stared at Ji Yong in disbelief

"From when did you start tolerating these "VICTORIA" jokes?" Seo Jun stated 

But Ji Yong did not pay any heed to Seo Jun's words and walked out of the room.

"Oppa......I guess your joke was a bit too crude...I'll go get Ji Yong-oppa back.." Yura said and exited the room without waiting for a response.

She spotted him leaning against the balcony, staring intently at the fountain in the lush green garden infront of the Kang Mansion.

"Uri Omma designed it" Yura said, walking up to him.

"Huh?" Ji Yong asked, still staring

"The garden's bonsai and the fountain"

"Oh! Do you miss her?"

Yura thought for a while before replying, "Sometimes.....But Appa and Jun-oppa have never let me feel her vacancy.."

Ji Yong smiled and still did not avert his gaze.

*Yura was just  a year old when her mother passed away in a car accident . Seo Jun at that time was 5 years old. He had at that time made a promise to always protect his sister and always keep her happy. He felt very bad for her since she never got to spend time with their mother.

"Do you miss her?" Yura asked.

Ji Yong finally turned and asked in surprise "Who?"

"Meiko...Do you miss her?"

Ji Yong didn't reply

"Yong-oppa...wae? Why didn't you tell her how you felt about her the whole time she was around?"

Breathing out a heavy sigh, he softly muttered, "Because I was an idiot. Because I lived in illusions Yura......Because...because there was no one to break my illusions"

"Do you.................still love her?"

Ji Yong didn't reply but then again, the question needed no reply for it was obvious that he'd continue loving her.

"Yura-ah.....you know sometimes I wish I could hate Chi Hoon-ah for marrying her....But I guess wishing isn't enough always."

Yura smiled and Ji Yong continued "You know Meiko really is unpredictable......I mean I never expected her to marry Chi Hoon and settle down in Australia and have her son, Minho study in our former school.

"Oppa.....did you ever try to voice out your feelings?"

"NO.." Ji Yong lied because he did not have the courage to tell her that right after he got his degree and his first month's salary as an amateur photographer, he had boarded an economy class flight with the ring he had bought with his first salary in hopes of proposing to her.

But in the end, with five years of no contact, what he saw was HIS friend, Choi Chi Hoon on his knees with a similar platinum ring (which Ji Yong later came to know was bought by Chi Hoon with his first salary which he had earned during his internship) proposing to the girl Ji Yong truly loved. And to his surprise and horror, Meiko agreed! The scene took place during the convocation day of the Yale University and the entire crowd was totally like "Awww That's So Sweet!"

Ji Yong smiled sadly at the memory

"Ji Yong-oppa.......It happens to the best of us ......Anyways how about going back and joining the hot debate?" Yura offered.

Ji Yong nodded and followed Yura back to the living room.

That day both Yura and Ji Yong learned a lesson -- no matter how hard you try to avoid and suppress the facts, they don't change.

And for Yura, the other thing that struck her was her guilt -- for lying to almost everyone. And although it was a white lie, it was still a lie.