Part 4

4 more years passed. Miki grew up, without Petra knowing it. One day, Petra was doing groceries when she heard someone talk. 'Y'know, Levi Ackerman.. humanity's strongest?' A guy said to another man. 'Yeah! That amazing man who kills titans before they can see him!' Petra dropped the basket and felt her head ache. Memories came flooding into her head. 'Levi...' she whispered and went back to the house as fast as she could. She talked with the woman. She had her memories back after all this time! The woman smiled soft at her. 'It's your own choice if you want to meet him or not. Don't forget it has been 13 years...that's a long time. You both changed so much...look at you...when we found you, you had a broken nose. It healed, but your nose is still a bit crooked. Your hair grew longer and you've become older...Will he recognise you?' the woman asked. She wanted to prevent Petra from getting a heartbreak. Petra smiled soft. 'Even if that's true, I want to at least meet him for one more time.' Petra answered. The woman nodded and gave Petra a bag. 'Then take our horse and make the trip. Good luck...Petra' she said. Petra smiled and kissed the woman on her forehead. 'Thank you very much for everything.' she said and walked to the horse.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Levi and Miki were in the wood. Together with the whole squad. This was Miki’s seventh time she was at the field to fight. Levi had trained her very well and now she was as good as him. Together they fled through the wood and killed many titans in a few seconds. In the beginning Levi stayed close to his daughter, but later he saw she could take care of herself. Yes, he always stayed near her but he didn’t really worry. She never ended up wounded, maybe sometimes a scratch but never really bad. This time there were really much titans. Many people of their squad were killed. Their bodies lay on the ground. Most of them surrounded in blood. For Miki was it hard to let them and go on with fighting. But Levi helped her through it. Somewhere behind was it going bad. ‘Miki, go on! I have to help there!’ Levi yelled and disappeared. 

Miki did as her father said. From the trees she saw a road that lead back to the hq. A woman was riding a horse. Why the hell was she here? It was dangerous outside the walls!! A titan came and threw her off the horse. The woman landed on the ground, but the horse was dead right away. The woman didn't move, she was unconscious but Miki saw she was still alive. Quickly Miki killed the titan and landed next to the woman. She looked at her and her heart stopped for a moment. The woman had honey-blonde hair. Almost gold. She looked kind. She...resembled...her a lot...but that couldn't be right? Her mother...was dead? right..? She tried to remain calm and put her in a carriage so she could go to the hq. She would have to ask her father about who this woman was later.

Levi returned to the front of the squad, back to Miki. But when he came there he didn’t see her. Immediately he became worried. Did something happen to her? He couldn't go search for her now… he fought while looking at the ground, looking for his girl. If something happened to her he wouldn’t forgive himself. He heard a scream, what pulled him back to reality. He turned and killed a titan.

It took two more hours before the titans were all killed. Levi landed on the ground and checked who was still alive. He saw Armin sitting on the ground. Behind him was Eren, and leaning against a tree near them stood Mikasa. He saw Hanji and Jean. Further a few others. He commanded to go look for the death bodies. Then he gave Hanji the lead and started his way back to the hq. He was really worried. He had no idea what he would do if his squad came back with Miki’s body. But he hoped something else happened, and because of that he left the group and returned to the hq. Hoping he would find Miki there.

When Miki saw him from the window she came running outside. 'Dad, dad!! You need to come in quickly!! I saw a woman riding a horse and she got attacked and I saved her but you need to see her quick quick!!' she said and pulled at his arm. Levi sighed in relief and hugged her tight. ‘You scared me Miki. I thought you were dead.’ 'I could never die on the field, I learned from the best!' Miki said and hugged back. 'But you really need to see that woman! quick! Please?' She asked. Levi looked at her. ‘Never leave the field without letting someone know okay? I don’t care who you found, it’s find you saved her. But ALWAYS let someone know, okay?' 'I'm sorry dad, I really am and I will do that next time I promise...but...I know almost for sure you WILL care about who I found. She's unconscious...but you really need to see her.' Miki said and pulled him inside. Levi sighed and followed his daughter. He wondered who this person was that Miki was like this. Miki opened the door and pulled Levi with her. She walked to the bed and looked at the woman. 'Take a look' Levi looked at the person who lay on the bed. He stopped breathing and tears started to well up.