Part 9

The winter came up. The days became colder and it started to snow. Levi didn’t recover fast, but Petra took care of him. Petra went to the woods everyday but never she found Miki. Levi and Petra almost knew for sure that she got eaten or killed. And if that wasn’t the case she would have died outside in the cold. Everyone missed the happy Miki. She was friendly to everyone. Since Levi’s action he didn’t let anyone come close to him except Petra. It’s been a month since Miki disappeared… And it would take a few more weeks for Levi to recover completely. Just as always, Petra came in with a plate of food for Levi. 'Hey.. how are you feeling?' Levi smiled. ‘Much better.’ He sits up and took the plate. But his smile wasn’t a real smile. The fact Miki was gone had killed a part of him. Petra knew he was lying. Usually she would try to cheer him up, but this time, she couldn't think of anything positive at all. Jean came in. ‘I’m sorry, Petra we need you. The titans.’ He said. Petra nodded. She looked at Levi. 'I'm sorry...I need to go..' Levi nodded. ‘Go.’ He hated the fact he couldn’t come with her to protect her. But it was his own fault. He could only hope she would come back. Petra kissed his forehead. 'Bye..' She said and walked out.

-_-_-_-

A month later Levi was fully recovered. He trained sometimes, he wanted back to the field as soon as possible. Petra was worried about him...was he really back to normal? He wouldn't do anything dangerous once he could fight again right? Levi saw her and came to her. ‘Hey, I think I go to the field today.’ Petra was worried. 'A-Are you feeling okay though? Shouldn't you wait a little longer? I mean...' Levi smiled. ‘I’m fine.’ He said and kissed her. ‘Plus, I have new gear.’ She looked at him. 'But shouldn't you test your gear first? What if someone sabotaged it? And are your wounds really completely healed?' He chuckled. ‘Petra, don’t worry so much. I’m fine, my gear is fine, really.’ Petra sighed. 'Don't do anything stupid okay?' Levi looked up. ‘You’re not coming with me?’ 'Of course I am! I need to make sure you're okay!' She sounded worried. Levi smiled. For a few second he had thought Petra wouldn’t come too.

Shortly after that they went to the battlefield. Levi was still good at fighting, but Petra was worried about him. He slayed the titans with ease, but he was a bit slower. He needed to get used to it again. Petra hoped everything would be okay.

-_-_-_-

Two months passed. Levi had fought a few times and was back at his normal speed. It became spring, the cold days became warmer and the sun started to shine. Levi and Petra were with the squad on the field. The titans weren’t with that many. It would take two hours to get them all. Levi stayed close to Petra, wanting to protect her. But Petra stayed close to Levi, wanting to protect him. Swiftly, Petra killed a titan that was too close to Levi. Levi looked at her. ‘I could have killed that one myself.’ He said with a smile and killed a titan which came to Petra. 'I know, I just wanted to be sure' she said with a smile and killed another titan. Levi froze, did he see two people there? What were they doing here, outside the walls? He landed on the ground. ‘Petra!’ He yelled. Petra came to him as quick as she could. 'What is it?' she asked and landed next to him. ‘I think I saw two people, I saw them when I stood in a tree.’ He looked at her. 'Who should be so foolish to just laze around on the ground? That's dangerous!’ Petra said. Levi nodded. ‘I’m going to look for them, can you take care of the titans that come to me?’ Petra nodded and Levi started walking to the direction he saw the people. Petra killed the titans that came close to him. Suddenly Levi stood still. The two people he saw, were sitting there. By a little lake. It were children, a boy and a girl. And the girl had black hair. Levi knew that hair, in his whole life he had only knew one person with that hair: Miki. Then she did survive! But how? How was that possible? He signed to Petra that she had to come down. Petra came down and she was shocked as to what she saw. 'Is...is that..' she whispered. Levi had tears. ‘Miki.’ He whispered. Miki heard something and turned around. Her eyes went wide. 'M-mom.. dad...' Levi broke, he fell on his knees and sobbed. ‘Miki…Miki.’ Again, again he had thought he lost someone. And again, after a long time she came back. He found her, he found his daughter. Miki looked at him. 'Dad I'm sorry...' The boy stood up. ‘Miki are that… are that your parents?’ He whispered so only Miki could hear it.