Part 15 - The end

After a while they arrived at the hq. Kite brought Miki to her room and stayed with her. Levi brought Petra to her room and lay her down on her bed. He stared at the wall, like he didn't see anything. 'Levi?' Petra asked. 'Hm?' 'What's the matter?' Levi looked at her. 'Again, again Petra. I almost lost you again.' Petra looked at him. She didn't know what to say. 'I'm sorry.' 'What did you want to tell me?' Levi asked. 'Miki said she wanted it...well.. the pregnancy was unexpected but he didn't do anything...like...well y'know..' Petra said. Levi looked shocked, but he didn't flip. He just nodded and stayed quiet. He felt guilty. What had he done? Petra looked at him, not knowing what to say or do. 'I'll ask Hanji to help you, I go to Miki.' Levi whispered and stood up. 'Okay...but...don't be angry at her okay?' Petra asked. Levi shook his head. In the hall he called Hanji and walked to Miki's door. He knocked. 'Yeah?' Miki asked. Levi came in, he looked broken. 'Do you want to talk with him alone?' Kite asked. Miki nodded and Kite walked away. Levi looked at his daughter. What had he done to her... Miki looked at her father. 'Dad..? I'm sorry...please...don't be disappointed...or sad.. or angry.. I...I..' Levi shook his head. 'I'm not angry at you.' 'But...are you disappointed...or sad? Dad I'm really sorry..' Miki asked. Levi sighed. 'I'm angry, I'm sad and I'm disappointed. But not at you.' He sits down on a chair and lay his head in his hands. 'Please don't blame Kite...' 'I don't.' 'Then who?' Miki asked. 'Myself.' 'But why?' Levi stood up and walked to the window. 'I wanted to kill Kite for nothing. And it's my fault that Petra was almost dead.' 'But dad you couldn't help it...you didn't hear the full story yet so it's only logical you got angry...you care much about your family...so I understand...' Miki said. Levi shook his head. 'I'm sorry Miki, for everything.' He said and walked to her. He sat down next to her and hugged her. Miki hugged back. 'It's okay dad..'

-_-_-_-

6 months passed until Miki got the baby. She was sitting on her bed with the baby in her arms and looked at it lovingly. Levi looked at her. He was sitting next to Petra and holds her hand. Petra was smiling soft. She was glad everything went right. Kite was standing next to Miki. Levi started to trust him since a few months and they were even friends now. They were a happy family.