Part 7

The battles that followed went very well. One time Levi almost got a heart attack because he saw Petra almost get eaten. The titan clenched his teeth and Petra could jump away only just in time. After that everything was fine and she just kept on fighting, but Levi was really worried. The battles after that went right again. This time the battle was also going very well. Levi landed on the ground. God may know how it could be that he lost the group. He concentrated and heard a scream somewhere far away. He jumped up and went to the direction he thought it came from. Not long after that he saw Miki between the trees. ‘Miki! Where’s mom?’ He yelled. Miki pointed at Petra, who was just slaying a titan. Levi nodded and shock up. From behind Miki appeared a titan, and she didn’t saw him. Without thinking he came close and killed the titan. Miki went another way to kill a titan, while Petra evaded a hit from another titan. Three titans came to Petra at the same time. Levi saw it and killed two of them. Petra killed the third titan. 'Thanks!' ‘Are you alright?’ Levi asked while slaying another titan who came too close. Petra nodded. 'You?' ‘I’m fine.’ He landed on the ground. ‘We’re done here, let’s return to the point where we’ll meet up.’ Petra nodded. 'Where is Miki?' Levi looked around. ‘She’s not here. Maybe she already went back.’ Petra nodded. 'Let's go then.'

When they came back they saw everyone. They were the last. Levi pointed Petra at a few wounded soldiers. ‘Can you help there? I go to Miki.’ Petra nodded and started to help the wounded soldiers like Levi said. Levi looked for Miki, but he didn’t see her. He went to Eren and Mikasa. ‘Did you see Miki?’ He asked a little worried. 'Isn't she with you?' Eren asked. Levi shook his head and looked at Mikasa. 'If she's not with you or Petra then I don't know...’ Mikasa said. Levi walked away from them, really worried now. Where could she be? He asked a few other people, but nobody had seen her. Levi went back to Petra. His eyes had a sad and worried look. Petra understood right away and quickly put her gear on again. 'We need to find her!!' Levi nodded and commanded the squad to go back to the hq. He looked at Petra, he was afraid. 'It will be okay...she's a strong girl.’ Petra said. ‘You never know it with titans.’ Levi said and jumped up. Petra jumped up as well and started searching right away. Levi went back to the place he saw Miki for the last time. Was she dead? Did a titan kill her? Or did she get eaten? Awful scenes played in his head. He jumped from tree to tree, but no sign of Miki. Petra searched further. She had to be alive...

They searched for hours, and it started to become dark. Levi landed on the ground, he sits down with his head on his knees. It couldn’t be true right? Did she get eaten? A tear roll down his face. He wouldn’t forgive himself. Petra landed next to him. She sank to her knees right away and stroked Levi's back. 'come on...there's still a part we didn't search...we can't give up yet..' Levi hugged her. ‘Please… tell me she’s laying somewhere unconscious. She can’t be dead.’ He whispered. Petra hugged back and stroked his back 'She's alive...she has to be..' Levi closed his eyes. He was tired but he had to find her. So he stood up. Petra stood up as well. 'Let's go.' She said and went up again. Levi followed her. But he knew they wouldn’t fine Miki if it was this dark. Petra saw a little hut, made from wood. 'Levi! I see a hut, maybe there's something or someone!' Petra landed and searched, but there was nothing inside. She fell on her knees and held her face. She had to find Miki. Slowly she stood up and walked out again. 'It's nothing...' She said with a sad voice. Levi hugged her. They stood like that for a while. Levi felt sad.

‘Maybe we should go home. Maybe she came home later?’ He asked, not sure about what he was saying. 'No...' Petra whispered. 'What if she's not there...then she's alone here....we need to find her....we need to keep searching..' Levi looked her in the eyes. ‘I know you want to find her, I want that too. But we won’t find her in this darkness. Plus if you collapse here and I don’t see it you’ll die.’ 'But I won't collapse...I'm not weak...I..I don't want her to end up like me and be gone for so long.. we can't leave her....' Levi holds her tight and tried to use his gear for the two of them and returned to the hq. 'No Levi! we need to keep searching!' Petra said and tried to struggle. Tears were rolling down her face. Levi holds her tight until they arrived. He brought her to her room. 'Let go of me!! We need to keep searching!!' She said and struggled. Her tears wouldn't stop. Levi put her on her bed. It broke his heart to see her like this. Of course they had to find Miki, but he didn’t want to lose Petra. 'We can't leave her Levi...We need to keep searching.. we can't give up..' Petra said and looked in his eyes. ‘We’ll search again, tomorrow. Please Petra, listen to me.’ Levi tried to hold back his tears. If he broke in front of her… 'Tomorrow may be too late...if you're not coming, fine, but at least let me search for her...' Petra said. Levi stood up. ‘Don’t you understand?! I want her back too! But it’s impossible to find her now. Tomorrow we go there again, but now you’re going to sleep.’ He looked angry, but in fact he was worried about her. But he couldn’t show that, she had to stay here. Petra felt a crack in her heart. How could he be angry at her if their daughter was somewhere in the woods? How could he act this way now... 'Don't you have any feelings...' she whispered. Levi was shocked. Than he became really angry. ‘Fine! Go and search for her! Miki can be dead, do you realize that? If that’s the case than I don’t want to lose you also. But no, don’t think about that! Go to the wood and search there until you can’t move. Than you wish you had listened to me.’ Levi cried. ‘I don’t want to lose you AGAIN.’ Petra felt guilty. She shouldn't have said that...she should've realized he just covered up his feelings as always and he was just as worried as she was. She walked to him and hugged him tight. 'Sorry.' she said. Levi shook her off and walked to his room. He fell on his bed and cried himself to sleep. Petra felt extremely guilty. She had followed Levi to his room, but he locked the door. She sat in front of it and sobbed quietly. It was a miracle she even fell asleep.