:24: There's A Way

:24: There's A Way

Maya's POV

I sat on my bed in my room doing my homework, realising that I had no better way to spend my time.

Out of nowhere, someone tapped on the window, startling me. I looked up and saw Lucas standing out in the snow. I hurried over to the window and opened it, and he crawled inside.

"Lucas, what are you-"

"I'm not going to let you break up with me," he stated.

"Um, it's a bit late for that."

"Maya, you are the most important thing in my life. I'm better when you're with me. I can't live without you."

"Don't," I whispered, staring at the ground.

"I love you."

I looked up at him. "I love you too. But I love Riley more. That might seem harsh, but I'm amazed that anyone could live up to her. She's my best friend."

"I care about Riley too, but-"

"Lucas, she's my best friend. I've already lost her once, if I lost her again it would kill me."

"Maya, that's not-" he started to say.

"No, Lucas! It is true!" I spluttered. "She's my best friend, and I love her, and she loves me. I'd rather kill myself then break her heart."

His eyes widened. "There's a way."

I frowned. "I'm listening."

"We could run away."

I looked up incredulously. "Lucas. We're 15 years old."

"But we love each other."

I turned back to my homework. "I'll think about it."

------

Ooh Lucas, you lil rebel.

I forgot to mention this last chapter, but thank you DaughterOfAthena_ for making a new cover for me!

So I just realised that this book will be finishing soon, but don't fret, there will be a sequel. There'll have to be.

Xoxo, stay fabulous!
-Holli