- thirty five -

time - 7:25PM
day - february 4th

"jiyeon..."

"yes, changkyun?" i hummed, with his head still  placed on my lap. my fingers were gently caressing through his hair, waiting for his question.

"do..." he pauses, and releases a heavy sigh. "do you want to visit joonwoo's parents tomorrow?"

no response came out of me. i suddenly stopped what i was doing and thought about my answer.

i wanted to meet his actual parents. but i also don't want to meet them.

"we don't have to if you don't want to."

"i mean, i have mixed feelings over it. i want to, but i don't."

"i just want answers." changkyun breathes out, the words coming out of his mouth like faint whispers. "i just want to know why."

based on what he says, i'm guessing it's the reason why they decided to abandon joonwoo. alone. by himself on the streets.

"then, we'll go." i said with a firm tone. "we can finally rest our minds if we do."

"are you sure about this? i can go by myself if you can't take it-"

"changkyun, we're in this together. i'm doing this for joonwoo..." my pointer finger lands on changkyun's nose. "and i want to be there fo you."

he smiles, staring into my eyes. "okay." was all he could say. that simple answer was absolute. definite.

that we are finally meeting joonwoo's parents.