- forty three -

time - 3:30AM
day - october 27th
year - 2027

"jiyeon... lee jiyeon...." i open my eyes and noticed changkyun hovering over me. i stare at him in shock and interrogate him. "what are you doing?"

"j-joonwoo's crying again." changkyun says, with a worried look on his face. i slowly rose from the bed and began to head over to joonwoo's room. changkyun shadows behind me as we made our way there.

"my little seashell... what's wrong?" i ask him, picking him up from his crib, craddling him in my arms. joonwoo stops crying and started to get comfortable in my arms. he falls asleep instantly.

"i really wish you can do that to me too..." changkyun whispers. i give him a glare.

"you never asked."

"i'm suppose to? we're married."

"so?"

"i don't have to ask."

"how am i suppose to know?"

"... you have a point."

"exactly."

silence filled the room as i resumed craddling joonwoo in my arms.

"still can't believe we named our kid after joonwoo, seems kinda off."

"what do you mean, you were on this idea too... besides, it's a loving memory of joonwoo."

"how long has it been?"

"7 years. it's been quite a while."

joonwoo died in a car accident along with his parents a few years ago, and we were hit with the news the day changkyun proposed to me. we were in absolute despair for quite a while. however, changkyun kept me going and made me recover. because i knew that i was going to be okay as long as i had him in my life.

"yeah it has been a while."

"hey changkyun...."

"what?"

"thank you."

his eyes widen. "why are you thanking me so suddenly?"

"for sticking with me i guess."

"are you kidding? you and joonwoo were and are the reason why i always get up in the morning with a huge smile on my face. you have given me another chance in life that i never thought i would have."

"..."

"i just love you. that's it. you're stuck with me in the long haul."

i smile at his words. "i love you too." i look down and see a precious treasure in my arms. joonwoo will now be a special person in our lives. "i love you too, joonwoo."