CHAPTER 4:- MOVED ON

GRAY'S POV

It had been two days since I met Juvia at Lyon's wedding. Even though we didn't talk with each other, our eyes spoke on our behalf.

I know what I did to her was unfair and injustice but I had left with no other choice. So I let go of her.

I had hoped she would have continued with her new life and would have settled down very least.

But she didn't and that stings my heart with guilt.

"Good morning, Ice-princess. What brought you this early to work?"

My thoughts were interrupted by my colleague/friend, that was none other than Natsu Dragneel.

"Shouldn't a policeman always be early and on alert? Idiot!! It's you who's late to work.
Look at the clock, it's 10 am. Just because Laxus is on leave, you can't come as you wish."

I scolded him while he kept on his bantering on stupid things just to keep up the verbal stiff with me.

"Fine!! I get it. So any improvement in that accident case?" Natsu asked me.

"Yeah!! Looks like Loke caught hold of CCTV footage from the nearby shop and with the help of another footage which we retrieved from the traffic department. We can nab the culprit by tomorrow"

I told him while playing the video footage on my desktop so that Natsu could see.

"Good, this angle clearly shows his face and number plate. We catch him and let's pay a visit to the hospital and check on the victims." Natsu added which I felt was right.

"Hey don't forget me. If it weren't for my help, you guys would still be searching for evidence.
I sacrificed my day offs for you both so that you guys could enjoy the wedding."

Loke exclaimed as he entered the office with his goofy smirk.

"Yeah...yeah thanks to you, Mr.Loke. Wedding went on well except..." Before I stopped Natsu, he stopped himself.

"What happened?" Loke asked out of concern and looked towards us.

"Nothing much. It went perfectly. That's all. Now excuse me." I got up and went to the information source department to collect details.

After collecting necessary details and cross checking them once again, I left the place.

Three days ago, Magnolia Union Bank was robbed single handedly by a thief.

His crime rate increased when he shot the manager who tried to stop him.

Luckily, the manager was shot on his shoulder blade and was taken to hospital as soon as the thief left with the squandered money.

The case came to mine and Natsu's hand but due to our prior engagement. We made Loke to investigate privately for two days even though it's wrong doing to push our work on someone's shoulders.

Poor fellow had to sacrifice his two days off for us. Now with this enough details and a bit of inquiry from the bank staff, I'm certain we could finish this case by today or at most by tomorrow.

Suddenly, my mobile vibrated and it was a call from my fiancee, Diana Williams.

"Hello Gray, Good morning. Did you reach your office?" She asked me softly.

"Yeah! Morning. I'm working on that bank case. So I will be busy for the next few days. Is something wrong?" I asked her.

She sighed over the line,
"I thought we might go on a dinner date tonight. You know it's been a month since we went out together.
But if you are busy, I don't have the heart to disturb you so continue on with your work, officer."