T H R E E

'The best is yet to be'

- Robert Browning

*(*3*)*

I N D I G O

"Thanks for shopping at Indigo Glow, be sure to come back and try our latest line!" I robotically repeated, handing the designer bag - neatly wrapped to the elderly woman who smiled graciously at me. Leaving my boutique with her grandson in toe.

"Thank goodness the lunch hour rush is over," I murmured to myself, sipping my now cold coffee as I looked over my baby. As soon as I had graduated college, my daddy had put a deposit down on this building - the one I had dreamed of owning ever since I had set my eyes upon that for sale sign.

Now, 8 years later, my business is booming with regular clients - I was hoping sometime this year to expand my business and hopefully become a branch.

"Miss Dire, your mum's on the phone," One of my employees, Harriet (I think) passed me the telephone before going into the backroom to organise our stock.

"Indigo?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yes mother, it's me."

My mother; exhaled a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness. I just need to run over the final plans of your wedding!"

I rolled my eyes; ever since me and Kyle had announced we were getting married my mother had become a bridezilla. She had organised everything from the colour of the napkins to the strippers on my hen night. The faint tinkle of the bell made me glance towards the door where her good friend Madelyn had walked in.

"So anyway dear, I spoke to Rae-Ann yesterday." My mother droned on. I nodded as If she could heard me, but she didn't care as she continued explaining.

"I was wondering if you'd asked her daughter to be your maid of honour?"

I pulled away from embracing Madelyn to respond, "Madelyn is my maid of honour?" I questioned, "Remember?"

"Yes but...I thought that you two were...close?" My mother sounded hesitant as if she was unsure herself. Heck I was unsure.

"Well I don't know but just invite her to the wedding or something...anyway mum I've got to go." I quickly hung up the phone rolling my eyes.

"What did she want?" Madelyn questioned. I groaned rolling my eyes.

"Nothing important."

* * *

I let myself into the apartment, tossing my shoes down in the hallway before following the tantalising scent of Italian food. I smiled at the sight of Kyle plating two dishes of Risotto Milanese. Kyle caught sight of me; beaming as he handed me a glass of my favourite white wine.

"Hi honey." He pecked my cheek.

I smiled, taking both of our plates towards the table, "How was your day out with your sister?" He sighed rolling his eyes.

"Eventful," He gave me knowing look.

Kyle's sister, Ramona had to be the messiest girl I had ever met. Her life was filled with never-ending drama that seemed to effect anyone who got involved with her. I had protested many times for Kyle to try and slowly cut off his sister but he wouldn't listen - what man pays for his 36 year old sister's house in which she barely spend time in and gives her 100 dollars every week?

It's bad enough Kyle's art isn't selling and we rely on the income of my shop more than we should have to. Our wedding is being payed for by my parents.

I opened my mouth to speak but he shot me a warning glare. I went silently back to eating my food - not wanting to put Kyle into another foul mood.

Later that night when we were both in bed, cuddled up in the warmth of our blankets Kyle let out a heavy sigh.

"I'm sorry," He whispered.

I turned to glance at him, "No it's not your fault. I understand your under a lot of pressure and I'm probably not helping am I?" Kyle smiled faintly, linking our fingers together.

"I can't wait till your Mrs. Wilson," He smiled pressing a soft kiss to our intertwined hands.

I hummed softly; hoping our wedding would arrive sooner than later. Only two weeks left. I smirked faintly, then I'd be on my honeymoon with the most important man in my life. 

* * *

FOLLOW | COMMENT | COMMENT