❃ con. miso soup and rice (3) ❃

It's been approximately 33 minutes since you and Tsukishima arrived at the infirmary. The nurse there had already treated Tsukishima's injury by disinfecting it and applying some antibiotic cream of some sort. Luckily, damage was only done to the pinky. Therefore, the nurse tied Tsukishima's pinky to his ring finger as a splint. She told you and Tsukishima that he needed a little bit of rest before he was okay to play. You could hear Tsukishima groan in frustration. The nurse, since she was done treating Tsukishima, had exited the current room and left to go to some other office type room next door. You flicked the back of the, already frustrated, middle blocker's neck making him turn around as he gave you one of his signature looks. Pure annoyance.

"What the fuck was that for?"

"You gotta snap the fuck out of it, okay? Stop pitying yourself. So what? You got hurt. The thing you should really be thinking about is what you're gonna do when you get back out there, dumbass."

You snarked at him turning away to sit down on a chair across the room from him. He had no response and simply just scoffed. You two sat there in silence.

'Hopefully, my little pep talk finally woke that shit up. I swear, it's annoying how pities himself. Does he expect himself to be invincible to injuries? I hope he's thinking of new strategies. He better be.'

However, you were wrong. Something else was wandering in Tsukishima's mind, and he couldn't stop thinking about it so...

"Do you remember anything weird happening last night?"

Tsukishima suddenly asked with his head down. You were surprised. Honestly.

'What is this all of a sudden? When did Tsukishima actually care about my life?'

"Uhh.. why are you asking?"

"Just answer the stupid question."

"Damn, okay. Way to be nice about it."

"Just answer it, dammit."

"Fine, no nothing really weird except I ended up sleeping on my bed, but I only remember falling asleep on my floor."

"Mhm."

"Mhm? That's it? You're acting weird. Why did you want to know?"

"No reason."

"Hmph."

'Weird. How much longer til we can go back though? As much as I don't want to admit it, we really need this guy. We need him back on the court as soon as possible.' you thought to yourself.

===================================

"Tsukishima? (F/n)?"

The score was 15:14 with Shiratorizawa at match point. Panting, the two of you stopped in front of Ukai. The crowd and everyone on the court basically stared at you and Tsukishima while holding their breath. Coach Ukai and Sensei Takeda has the same face. A face of confusion and concern.

"Tsukishima-"

Ukai started to object.

"The bleeding has stopped."

Tsukishima quickly cut off Ukai. You opened your mouth to continue Tsukishima's explanation.

"They immobilized the part that was dislocated rock hard."

You completed part of Tsukishima's explanation.

"Because it was my pinky, it'll affect my play extremely little."

Tsukishima finished your sentence. You both had wide eyes begging to let Tsukishima in the game. Coach Ukai and the others had a stunned face. Coach Ukai gave a small smirk and nodded for the both of you guys to take a seat on the bench.