[4] 'How Stupid'

Indo's POV...

What the fu—
What was that?! Did I just heard someone screaming?! I- I thought I was the only one here!
I immediately climb off the tree and sprinted to see what's going on.

I heard the screams near here. Or so I thought– I have sensitive hearing so it maybe still far from here.
It wasn't that far though, until I saw a figure with... Wings? The hell? I quickly hide behind a tree nearby. But my confusion of that figure faded away after I saw 3 bears near them.

Should I help them... But it's so risky. I can tell he gave up on fighting back by his trembling body.

"I need to distract the bears" I thought to myself as I pick up a rock and throw it to them.

"Hey bears!!" I screamed, so the bears can get my attention. "Go fight with someone your size instead!!" I yelled, peeking at the person. It looks like they were shock.

I ran as fast as I could, "Come and get me!"
(Hey don't forget to go to my funeral ok? There will be pop corns and a parody video of how I died.)

The bears groan and start running towards me. Why did I even help them–

The bears were of course, fast. But I'm faster. I beat other students on P.E so this should be easy.
Not until this one bear pulled my leg and made me almost fell. I always talked too fast.

"Maybe I could trick them..." I thought, looking at the big tree nearby.
I quickly ran over it and turn around while the bears kept moving forward. Gotcha.
I stop for a while, trying to catch my breath. This is harder than I thought. Why would that person fought the bears anyway?

I walked a little bit and sat down. My ankle kinda hurt after that stupid bear pulled my leg. That boy better thank me for saving his goddamn life! Or girl. Or none. To be honest, I don't care.

Things started to get blurry as I looked up. Fuck, please don't tell me I'm going to black out. That's not cool.
Definitely not.

"WATCH OUT!"

I looked back and saw one of the bears trying to caught me.
One thing I saw next was the person I saved standing in front of me, scaring the bear away with some sort of... Fire...?
But the bear really ran.

My jaw dropped,
"Dude how did you?!"

I tried to keep my eyes open, I think they're a boy... He looked back at me, panting non stop... Then smile. It was... a really heartwarming smile... Reminds me of... Something, someone..? His legs started to tremble and he fell. I was fast enough to catch him on my arms.

I saw many bruises on his body. Did he really fought them? That's insane... And kind of cool cause I see so many people did that on TV, even though I know it's fake.

He was sweating bullets and some blood run over his body. He's not dead, I guess. I can still hear his heavy breathing.

"Must be tiring fighting those bears huh? Stupid enough from you." I said, knowing he can't listen.

I lifted him up, he's pretty light. I carried him bridal style since it was easier that way for me. I took a step forward, every step feels... Familiar... Ugh no time to think about that. Where should I brought this guy to? Bunda would freaked out if she saw me carrying a person home. Ah! I remember!
There's this shelter I know back then when I was a kid. This place was popular until they shut it down. I think it's still there. I guess he could rest there for a while.

I looked at him, trying to examine his body to see if there's anymore bruises. His legs, his body, then his face. 11 bruises counted. And of course, the wings that caught my eye. What is he? I just realize there are flower petals on his head. Looks stupid on him.

But cute.

Wait what– No! I don't want to have any Stockholm syndrome thing! That's disgusting! Wait, I'm helping him, not kidnapping him. Besides, why would I trust him? He could be some sort of secret FBI agent acting dead so they can have more information of humanity and destroy it. Wait, how. That's... A childish word.

I can't deny that he's cute but maybe he's a girl–
I- I mean he or she or whatever it is didn't tell me anything about themselves. They just fell on the ground. My arms exactly.
And I'm straight, it'll be weird dating the same gender. And still. I can't trust him.

The next thing I realize, I was in front of the shelter, near the creek, bandaging his wounds.

...

Sigh...

"How stupid can I be..?"

A/n:
Lmao that typical cliché where main character doesn't want to admit that they're gay or something. Anyways. This is kind of a filler chapter. Yeah ok bye

852 words (short)

Ken, out!