Chapter 1: 42

Nini: *I see Gina in the hallway* Gina! Over here!
Gina: *Talking to some boy with super blonde hair with blue eyes. (Just another one of the popular kids.)* Then I'll see you tonight?
Boy: *nods and winks at Gina as he walks away*
Gina: Hey Nini! Did you get president for key club? I voted for you!
Nini: Yeah I did! It was between me and this other girl but in the end, your favorite over achiever got the title *laughs*. But who is blue eyed blondie over there?
Gina: Eh. Cody I think. He's definitely cute but way to annoying. But OH MY GOD I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
Nini: Aw thanks! I'm so excited! There's just something so fulfilling about helping others. It makes me so happy.
Gina: I'm so proud of you. OH... Hey Maddie *waves at a pretty girl with super long brown hair walking bye*
Maddie: Hey Gina *keeps walking*
Nini: Gosh you have so many friends. I honestly can't relate *laughs*
Gina: Oh whatever. I'm your friend... isn't that enough? Oh and that girl you met at camp you always talk about.
Nini: Yes you are enough and I love you, but also camp girl is Kourtney. She's practically my only other friend but she goes to West High. And then there's Finnick but as my brother he doesn't really count.
Gina: You know, I haven't seen Finnick in years. Where does he go to school again?
Nini: Medical student at Stanford University. He's very very very smart. When he comes to visit I'll have to have you over.
Gina: Yes please have me over. Plus from pictures and FaceTime... he'a kinda cute-
Nini: Gina No Eww! That's my older brother!
Gina: I'm just saying...
Nini: *cringes* Nope new topic, please. I'm uncomfortable.
Gina: Fine. Oh! I've been meaning to tell you... Mrs. Bowen made me dance captain! I mean co dance captain with some kid named Carlos... but he seems cool.
Nini: Oh my gosh Gina! I'm so proud of you! This has been your dream since what, 4th grade?
Gina: Ahhh yes *laughs* I was terrible back then. I mean, I'm still not great but like-
Nini: What? You're absolutely incredible! Next to you, I look like I dance with two left feet! *laughs* But you totally deserve this.
Gina: Oh gosh *laughs and blushes* thanks. Wait! Is the physics test grades in?
Nini: I think so, why?
Gina: Oh boy *I take my phone out and check my grades* mmm... you know that's better then I thought. I got a 72, what did you get?
Nini: Um.... I got 105.
Gina: Why did I even ask *rolls eyes and laughs*
Nini: But I bet you still did better than dumb and dumber over there *points to Ricky and Ej*
Ricky: *on the other side of the hallway talking with a group of boys* AYEE I GOT A 42 ON THAT HELL HOLE OF A PHYSICS TEST! *laughs*
Ej: HA I GOT A 64! SUCK IT BOWEN *laughs*
Gina: At least dumb and dumber, as you say, are good looking. But yeah, sounds like I did better *laughs*
Nini: You seriously find that attractive?
Gina: Stupid personality aside, look at the both of them. Come on... you can't say their not even a little attractive.
Nini: I find that true beauty comes from inside the person, not just their outward appearance. Brown curls and abs mean nothing to me if they're idiotic jerks that think they own the world.
Gina: Ugh I hate you.
Nini: It's just an opinion!
Gina: That's not what I meant... I hate that your always right.
Nini: Hey I may not be right. Maybe they're both total sweethearts but I personally just don't fall for looks. But you can see however you want to see things.
Gina: No way... they are total idiots. But I still think their cute. *the first bell rings* Oh we should head to class so we aren't late.
Nini: Yes being late would be a big no no *laughs* Well, I'm off to ap psychology, I'll see you later Gigi!
Gina: Oh god, how do you survive that class? *laughs* Bye Neens!
Nini: *I walk away but bump on into someone* Oh my goodness I'm so sorry I didn't notice where I was going and I just- *I look up and whisper* oh look it's 42...
Ricky: *I spill my coffee on my shirt* WHAT THE F*CK. Are you freaking kidding me right now. *I look down at you*. Oh it's you. Miss "I got a 100" on everything. Just, watch where your going okay?
Nini: Sorry your drink spilled on you because you can't look up from your phone for two seconds. God you don't need to be such a brat and blame it on someone who was just trying to go educate herself so she doesn't have to repeat a year.
Ricky: Excuse me? I'm not repeating a year! Just- whatever... I gotta go sit through class *rolls eyes and walks away*
Nini: *Gosh what a jerk! I can't believe people like that.* *I walk to class*