Side: Explaining Imprinting

Soulmate

A person with whom you have an immediate connection the moment you meet- a connection so strong that you are drawn to them in a way you never experienced before. As this connection develops over time, you experience a love so deep, strong, and complex, that you begin to doubt that you have truly loved anyone prior.

Mira's P.O.V.

Sam gave me a look after he had explained to Embry about all the wolf things he needs to do and follow. Embry looked up at Sam and said "You said something about imprinting? What is that?". Sam sighed and looked over at me, he said "Mira, why don't you explain it to him? Go on a walk, and go down to the beach". I nodded my head and looked over at Embry with my expresso brown eyes, his own pair of chocolate brown eyes looking at me with confusion, but still got up.

As we were making our way out of the house, Paul and Jared placed their large hands on my shoulders, Jared said "It's going to be okay. Just explain it, and slowly reveal that he's your imprint". Paul nodded his head, he said "And if it doesn't work out, I'll make sure he never hurts your feelings again", as he sent me a malicious smirk. I chuckled as I let out a nervous smile, I gave them a thankful smile, and then made my way out where Embry stood outside with his lanky form hunched over, hands stuffed in his jean shorts.

I sent him a nervous smile, making my way over to him. I looked up at him and said "Ready?". Embry smiled and nodded his head, and then we were on our way towards La Push Beach. We walked threw the woods, walking in complete silence.

When we got there, we made our way down the beach and sitting on the cold, dark sand. I let out a breath as I stared out at the sea, trying to build up my nerves to bring the topic up. Embry let out a breath, he said "So...? Imprint? What is that?". I looked over at him from the corner of my eye, I said "Well, it's a wolf thing. It's like a soulmate. When you look at your imprint in your eyes, everything changes. You can feel like your being pulled down to earth. It's not gravity holding you down but her, or well him. You can see your future together, all the happy memories that are going to happen, like your wedding and your kids.  You become whatever your imprint wants you to be, a protector, a brother, a friend, or a lover".

Embry scrunched his dark brows, he said: "It sounds like you've had this happen". I nodded my head, I said: "It has". Embry's head shot over to me, his dark hair moving at the movement, he said "You have?", in a sad tone, looking away. I chuckled as I placed my head on his shoulder, I said: "Yeah, and the guys super nice, super calming, he's the best". Embry nodded his head dejectedly as he slowly moved so that he could get up, he said: "I hope your happy with him then".

I let out a chuckle as I got up, I quickly ran over to him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. I said, "You know... you're the guy right?". Embry looked over his shoulder and stared at me, he said "Really?". I chuckled as I nodded my head, Embry turned his body around and gave me a hug. He said, "I'm glad I'm your imprint, to be honest when you were talking about a random guy being your imprint, I was pissed".

I chuckled as I buried my face into his neck, feeling ecstatic. I pulled back a little bit and looked up at him, and said "We should head back. Their probably worried". Embry nodded his head as he clutched his hand into mine, he smiled down at me and we made our way back to Emily's house.