Chapter 9 Sad News & Victoria

Toska:  A state of great anguish, melancholy, longing beyond bearable bounds.

"To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."

-J.K. Rowling

Mira's P.O.V.

It has been a while since Bella figured out about the whole wolf thing. And whenever I'm home, all she wants to talk about is how it happened and when. Of course, I never told her, that was personal and sacred. I was told by Billy, Harry, and Quil Ateara III, that we cannot share our secret about turning into wolves to anyone, not even family. I had to agree to it, but now since Jacob has spilled some of the secrets, all Bella wants to ask is those types of questions, and it's starting to bother me.

At this moment, the pack and I were chasing the stupid redhead bloodsucker. We were all in the woods, chasing after here. Jacob pushed himself, probably because he had promised Bella that we would protect her. Victoria had jumped off a tree and pushed off another, going in a different direction. Jacob kept on pushing himself to go faster, while the rest of us lagged behind him.

I could smell Harry and dad out here, probably hunting us because of Bella's loudmouth couldn't keep shut. I was trying to make sure we led her in the other way, but we somehow lost her. But once I got her scent again, I found it very close to Harry and Charlie, almost on top of them. I felt my panic spike as I pushed myself harder as well, making sure dad and Harry didn't get hurt.

When I arrived there, hiding in the bushes, making sure nobody saw me. I saw the most heartbreaking sight. I saw dad hovering over a still Harry's body, panic, and sadness in dad's chocolate brown orbs, small tears running down his face. I slowly backed away, panic running in my veins, thinking about how Leah, Seth, and Sue Clearwater are going to take his death since he was a father and husband to them.

I bumped into something from behind as I was backing away, I slowly looked over at my shoulder and saw the guys there, I had bumped into Sam. I looked at them with sadness in my wolf eyes, I slowly shook my huge head at them, before sprinting away. All their voices mushing inside my brain as I ran away from them, I could feel them chasing after me. Sam's voice had caught me off guard, he said 'Bella... she jumped off the cliff, Jacob just told me. The redhead bloodsucker had gone after her in the water. I went to check up on them at the beach, Jacob had fished her out. But she's shaken up and freezing. They are heading back to her house'.

I quickly turned my body around, heading in the direction of dad's house. Rage burning in my veins as I pushed myself to get there faster if it wasn't for Bella and the stupid Cullen's, then Harry wouldn't have died, dad wouldn't have to mourn over another dead friend, the Clearwaters didn't have to mourn over their father and husband. I let out a fierce growl pass between my snarled lips, thinking of all the ways that I could kill Victoria for what she has done. I kept on running, thoughts flying threw my brains. The others haven't followed me, but I could feel Embry close behind, not wanting anything to happen to me, he's been trying to talk to me threw the mind link, but I keep on pushing him back.

When I got to the house, I quickly changed and put clothes on. I made my way towards the back door, not noticing the black unfamiliar car in the driveway. When I was halfway through the yard, I heard rustling and then a warm body was next to me. I didn't have to look to know that it was Embry, he wrapped his arm around me and said: "I'm sorry". I looked up at him and said "It's not your fault, darling. It's Bella and the stupid Cullen's fault. I hope I never see any of them".

When I opened the door, we were met with a foul stench that smelt of sickeningly sweet. I could feel my anger bubble up, as I was about to step inside, a hand-launched onto my forearm and held me in place. I looked over and saw that it was Embry, he had a hesitant and angry look in his beautiful brown orbs, he said: "We can't go in there, there's a vampire in there". I rolled my eyes as I looked up at him, I said "Well, Jacob's in there. And I don't care, this is my house". I pulled my hand from his hold and barged inside the house.