Chapter 5

It had been 3 days after the shadow incident. I hadn't seen Midas once in the past few days.

We had a morning meeting today. I walked down the hallway towards the meeting room. Midas was there, but I was the first agent.

"Midas, hey how are you?" I asked.

"I'm fine, thank you," he replied.

"Did your chest heal up nicely?"

"I'm fine okay y/n!" He raised his voice at me.

I looked down.

"I'm sorry I asked." I said under my breath.

The other agents walked in.

"Sit down please," Midas pointed at the chairs

"Today was do not have a mission but, I would like you all to research and do some training." Midas said. "That's it for today, but I need to talk to you Maya now!"

Everyone walked out to the living room.

"Imma go do some gun training, see you guys soon." I said.

They all waved at me.

As I turned around my face filled with pure anger. Why was Midas such an asshole, shouldn't of helped him. He acts like he can do everything when he can't. I rolled my eyes. I grabbed a gun and started to take my anger out on a few mannequins.

"Hey don't get to feisty darling."

I turned around it was Midas. I rolled my eyes and looked back at the mannequins.

"Y/n, I'm sorry for getting angry back at the meeting."

"It's fine, your having a bad day, I get that." I said.

I was still pissed.

Midas wrapped his arms around me and put his hands on the gun I was holding.

"Alright aim," he said.

I aimed at the targets head.

"Pull the trigger."

I pushed back the trigger, hitting the mannequin right in the head.

"Thanks," I said.

He smiled as he walked back into the agency.

*Hours later*
It was starting to get dark, so I packed up and walked inside.

I grabbed some noodles on the way pass the kitchen and walked towards my room. I twisted the doorknob and walked in. I ate the noodles and flopped my face on my bed. For some reason I couldn't get my mind off someone.

It pushed everything into the background. All I was focused on was him.

A/n: Hi! Sorry for not updating I've been busy with work. But I hope you enjoy this chapter and I will post some longer chapters soon. Also thanks for 100 reads. 😇✌🏻