Chapter 6

The next day I kept drifting off thinking about someone.

"Y/n! This is the second time you have drifted off pay attention!" Midas raised his voice, which snapped me back into reality.

"Sorry," I looked down.

"Now all of you go," Midas said.

I walked towards my room. Researching and trying to find out different things about the shadow. The day whizzed by. It was already the evening. I kept staring at the roof, I couldn't stop thinking about him.

Midas

I couldn't get him off my mind, it was driving me crazy.

I heard a loud knock on my door.

"Y/n?"

"Yes?" I replied.

"Come on its dinner," Midas smiled.

I walked out with him towards the dining room.

"Hey sit here Y/n!" Meowcles said.

"Alright," I laughed.

Agent Peely had cooked a delicious curry.

"Wow this is amazing!" I said with my mouth full.

"I agree," Skye giggled.

Maya just sat there and played with her food. She was scrapping the plate with her fork making a horrid noise.

"Maya can you please stop that!" I raised my voice.

She looked up then looked back down and kept doing it.

"Maya! Y/n said stop!" Midas yelled.

She stopped, but she got up and walked off.

"Thank you," I mouthed.

I looked down and smiled. It was the first time I noticed how good looking Midas is. I'm pretty sure my face went a tint of pink.

"I'm off," said Peely.

"See ya!" Everyone replied.

Slowly everyone started to leave the table and doing their own thing. I sort of just sat there and looked down at the plate.

My mind was again fixated on Midas. Why? I couldn't get him off my mind.

"Hey! Yoohoo," Skye waved her hands in my face.

"Hi," I said.

"What's up girl, I can tell something is wrong."

"Oh it's nothing, just got some shit on my mind, ya know." I slightly smiled.

"You can always tell me and I am always here for a chat."

"Thanks, but I'd rather not say," I replied.

"Okay that's fine, I'll leave you to think or whatever." She laughed.

I grabbed my plate and placed it in the dishwasher. I hadn't realised but everyone had gone to their rooms.

I wanted some time to think so I made my way out of the agency. Hopped in a boat and drove it to the other side of the lake surrounding the agency. I jumped out and sat down on the grass. It was good to be alone, I guess.

A/n: Hi there, I have big plans for the next chapter. Hopefully you will enjoy! Have an awesome day/night 😇✌🏻