Chapter 10

The henchmen threw me back into my room. I quickly got up to run out but they pushed me down. Tears streaming down my face, I screamed.

The henchmen slammed the door and left without a word. I slammed my hand on the door and silently cried.

Midas. What is wrong with him? A few days ago he was fine with me, now what happened? My head filled with confusion, I laid down and slowly drifted to sleep.

— Time skip —

Today was a group meeting, instead of attending I locked myself away in my room. Hearing knocking all day from the girls, I just ignored it.

As the sun started to set, I slowly walked down the hallway trying not to make any noise. Hearing the faint laugh of all the agents together. I turned the other way and started running towards the balcony. I sat there, staring at the sky, how wonderful, how beautiful.

But my mind was fixated on Midas. I can't get over it. Can't he tell me, does he understand it hurts?! He probably doesn't.

I started to sob. My face puffy from how much I had been crying. I heard everyone separate, and started heading towards their bedrooms. I got up, wiping my face with my hoodie sleeve. I tiptoed down the halls. Getting to the kitchen, I was going to grab some food.

But, Midas was sitting in the dark at the dining table. I felt embarrassed, my face all puffy and red.

"Y/n."

That's all he said.

"What?"

"I'm sorry," he said. "I heard you scream last night, I didn't want to make you feel that way."

I turned away.

"Midas. I- I just don't understand why, why do you ignore me? Right after we got close, it's like you didn't even care!"

I sat down.

"Y/n, it's- it's because, I don't want the same thing to happen to me again!" He yelled.

I looked up in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Awhile back like 5 or 6 years, I was in a relationship. I swore to protect her, but I- I," his voice cracked. "She was taken, and killed, I never saw her again."

"Midas I'm so sorry, I didn't know."

"I just don't want it to happen again!" He said.

"It won't because, I can protect myself! Midas I'm strong, you won't lose me! I promise."    I smiled.

"Y/n, I'm not ready. It's not that I don't like you, but since the incident I haven't gotten over her. I'm sorry," he got up and walked off.

There he goes walking off again. I quickly ran after him.

"Midas!" I panted.

He turned around. I ran up to him and hugged him.

"I'm always here when you need."