Prolouge

Dave anxiously glanced at the floor. He had asked Zak to meet him at the front of the school when it ended. He wasn't usually like this. He didn't get nervous a lot and was really straightforward. However, it's kind of hard to stay calm or casual when you're going to be confessing to your crush.
Yeah. That was the thing. Dave had feelings for his friend, Zak, and he was going to tell him. He wasn't expecting Zak to like him back or anything, far from that, he just figured that he should know. So here he was, waiting for the light blue-hoodied boy.
Zak soon spotted Dave, a small grin forming on his face. He was curious as to what he had to say. Excited.
"Hey, Dave!" He greeted him.
"Oh, hi."
Zak narrowed his eyes. Dave seemed kind of nervous. Was he okay?
"Are you alright?"
"Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry."
Zak definitely didn't believe that, but didn't press further. He wouldn't get an answer out of him, he knew that too well.
"What did you need to tell me?"
Dave stayed quiet for a while before taking a deep breath.
"Zak, I like you. I have feelings for you." He told him.
Zak was stunned. He didn't know how to react.
He wasn't sure he felt the same way. He'd never liked Dave as anything more than a friend. He didn't think he'd be able to picture himself with the taller one.
He didn't want to hurt him, though. Zak didn't want their friendship to end. So, in the heat of the moment, Zak told one of the worst lies that he probably ever had in his life.
"I like you too."