chapter 6

Chapter 6

For he or she that harbours no fear has never truly loved anything. You can only measure true love by the thought and fear of its loss.

Chris Jirika

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was almost a week after Annika opened up about her past to Shivaay...

And she felt strangely light...And free...And more in love...

Shivaay was right when he said that keeping her past inside her was like keeping a part of herself away from him..

and she was right with her thought that Shivaay's love for her doesn't deserve half measures from her part...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shivaay was always proud of Annika...And after knowing about what she suffered in the past made his love and admiration for her increase a thousand times...

Annika's past was what made her what she was today...and knowing that just made him know her better...

************************************

Natvarlal was out on parole and Khanna had taken him to an Oberoi warehouse in the outskirts of Mumbai...now Shivaay and Annika were going to meet him to get the truth...

Annika:"I shouldn't have let you talk me into this Shivaay...letting you come with me was really foolish...I have put you under their radar too..."

She whispered to Shivaay,  totally panicked by the situation...

Shivaay:"Annika...we are in this together...no matter what comes our way..."

He said holding her hands strongly in his...

And they walked hand in hand towards the warehouse were Natvarlal was kept...

Annika took a deep breath trying to calm her nerves...the man she was going to see, always brought out that vulnerable side of her...that 8 year old child who used to beg him not to beat her...

Meeting him at the jail was bad enough...but atleast it was only for 10 minutes...and it took her weeks to recover from the ''negative vibes'' as Tia used to say...

Annika twirled her mangalsutra nervously...She was feeling so tensed that she felt that her heart would explode...

Shivaay glanced at Annika who was fidgeting and placed his arms on hers...

Annika looked at him and smiled weakly...but her fears were overwhelming her too much to even pretend a smile...

Annika:"Shivaay...I'm scared..."

She said ashamed at herself for feeling  so vulnerable even after 20 years since it all happened...

Shivaay realized what Annika was going through and hugged her...

Shivaay:"Its ok Annika...we will sort everything out...I'm with you..."

He cupped her face...and made her look at him...

Shivaay:"you are my kidkithod Annika na...You are ASSO...Annika Shivaay Singh Oberoi...my better half...just go and kick the hell out of the scoundrel...I've got your back..."

He kissed her forehead...

Shivaay:"Go...make me proud..."

**********************************