Chapter 24

Chapter 24

This part is dedicated to ZStaardust (my dear twinnie..)
@Loparoy22(Yup babe..Diwali gift for you...😍), and my dearest critics and sassy commentators @Lailasahibaa, @puse_fetse, @LunchbirdS, @MJDD96, @itsmehg, @DivyaPal742, @Rupashah02 @Samapikagarg , @salonisarraf and all my dear friends who has supported and encouraged me to complete this story...

PS: brace yourselves for a very long update 5400+ words hogaya hein...😀

"Bhavya...come in...come in...how are you doing...?"
Commissioner Qureshi asked as Bhavya walked in...

"I've been better...Commissioner sir.."
She said to him...

"Baitto...baitto..."
He added pointing to the chair across him...

"Wow...sir, Looks like lot of media people have assembled for getting your statement about the police medal..."
Bhavya said appreciatively making Qhureshi smile...

"Vaise I was going to contact you..."
He said to her...

"Kyu sir...?"
Bhavya asked innocently...

"I have investigated about what you informed me earlier and I think you are right about a spy in the department reporting to Sultan...I have collected all the information and have assembled the list of possible suspects....I need your opinion on it..."
He said pushing a file towards her with a smile...

"Hmm...This is interesting...you never fail to impress me with the efficiency with which you work...and I'm so glad I have you as my mentor...Commissioner Qureshi...."
Bhavya said going through file with a smile...

"But you see...you didn't have to take the trouble...In fact I have my eyes on that traitor right now..."
She said to him smirking pushing it back to him...

"What do you mean Bhavya...?who is he...?"
Commissioner Qureshi asked her in a clipped tone...

"You would never believe who that is sir...In fact even I was shocked to core when I found out who it was...Have to give it to him though...mean considering what a snake he is, he managed to fool everybody for all these years...such a good job he did projecting himself as the epitome of righteousness and honesty...It would have been real hard to figure out his true face.."
Bhavya said to him processing how he was reacting to every word of hers...

She was surprised that the man was still holding onto his stand strongly...there wasn't even a trace of emotion in his face...

"If I hadn't seen his snake self in action, even I wouldn't have believed that he is capable of such things...In fact he even set me up so as to get me killed...He thought he could believe Sultan to be discrete with it...but Sultan being the drama queen he was disclosed everything..."
She said leaning towards him...

"But even then...i wouldn't have believed him a bit...if I hadn't heard the man's voice asking him if he had finished the job...to kill me that is...and imagine my horror when I recognized the voice as yours sir..."

And Bhavya smiled seeing Commissioner Qhureshi's hands move to his service pistol...

"Don't be stupid Commissioner Qhureshi sir..."
Bhavya said smiling...

"This is the Commissioner's Office with umpteen number of police officers...and the whole media personnel are assembled in the entrance...do you think you can get away with everything by silencing me...?"
She asked him softly...