•●•chapter 5 ~•: help...me...

□●○•○●□

Night time...
[F/n]'s POV-

I wandered into the forest, well this is it. My first adventure, alone. No guards. No family.

"Don't forget me..."

"I try to." I huffed at the entity.

'But Midnight...

She took my family's throne. I have to stop her.

But what do I do?'

"Why didn't you stay? With that group with the delicious bread?" Said the demon within me.

"I had to. I can't stay with them."

"They are looking for you anyway, you cannot trust anyone. And besides....they were a buffet."

"You want to eat them!?" I was appalled by the demon's thought.

"Why else does your tongue have an odd taste every dawn? I love raw flesh on a full moon."

"You mean..." I resisted the urge to regurgitate.

"Oh please...Their cranium has a more delicious, chewy centre. The younger they are, the tastier.

It is who I....who WE are."

"I am not you. You are disgusting.

Why am I not surprised...now..." I looked around the forest trees, they all looked the same to me. I couldn't remember which direction I came from. I have no map.

"Where do I go now?"

I don't even know which path to take.

Maybe the demon was right. I should've stayed with those guys. But I won't like feasting on them like a monster.

And I couldn't shake the feeling, a weird manna off from the barbarian.

From his crimson glare...

"Your feelings for this barbarian...strange, complicating. Even I cannot decipher. And... it has a weird taste to it."

"STAY OUT OF MY EMOTIONS!" I shouted.

I froze as I heard a howl of a wolf in the distance, it was so dark out and I could barely see where I was going. Then an idea came into my head.

"Of course...Midnight's spell book."

I turned open a few pages but I couldn't see anything in the dark. 'Dammit. I have no wand. I should've grabbed a wand when I had the chance.'

The howls became louder the more I ambled forward. I heard wolves can smell their prey from a very far distance and the howls mean they're going on a hunt. In packs.

*Gulp...*

I hope I'm not on their menu.

"We can take them on."

"We?"

"Yes, we. Look up."

Just when I already thought I was a goner, a light started to surround the area. I noticed up, a shine of light.

I looked up to see the blue moon, glistening in the void sky. Huh, I never thought I'd see a more beautiful sight from a forest than my home.

But my mind drifted far from ever thinking of the moon's beauty.