•●•chapter 8 ~•: the totem's curse

□●○•○●□

Normal POV-
~10 years ago

"Alright, princess...close your eyes. Now this won't hurt a bit."

Mistress Kayama held a pointy needle in her hand, she told the 5-year-old princess for in order to have her wish fulfilled, she needed to go under some sort of a ritual according to her spell book.

The two were in Nemuri's chambers, hidden and unknown from the rest of the castle. Where she had her talismans, potions and cauldrons around. She asked [F/n] to stand in a circle drawn in chalk, all the signs were written in some ancient dialect. [F/n] winced as the sorceress pricked her pinkie, and a droplet of blood oozed onto the back of her hand. Little did the princess notice, as the blood absorbed into Midnight's skin, suddenly her youth reversed by just a minuscule. The wrinkles from her hands just disappeared.

[F/n] opened her [e/c] eyes to see blood oozing onto the floor

[F/n] opened her [e/c] eyes to see blood oozing onto the floor. The markings suddenly illuminated in a bright purple color. Making Midnight grin ear to ear. "Okay. Stand still right here. And I'll start with the incantation." She stood up and walked towards a black spell book perched on a small pedestal like a rare piece of collective.

"Midnight?" Little [F/n] peeped.

The dark blue-haired woman hummed an answer with her eyes glued to the spell book.

"You said no one in the Coyote tribe does magic. So...why do you do it?"

"Magic is a simplistic hobby I've taught myself over the years, my dear. I just wanted to do what I loved. And soon I'll--uhh-we'll get what we want."

"Ohhh! How exciting! I can't wait to explore the Ever-Realm freely. I can be an adventurer for just a short time before going back to being---"

"Yes, yes, alright! I said stand still." The liaison flickered her wand around, and as soon as that happened; grey clouds engulfed the bright clear skies of the East Nation.

The princess began to worry as she heard thunder roar outside and winds howling so menacingly. Midnight's wand began to glow a dark purple menacing aura. She tried to move but her feet were stuck under the circle.

"Midnight, I...can't move my...body!" The liaison didn't respond as she chanted in some weird language. From her wand; a large form made of dark purple smoke arose, with red eyes and a haunting grin. "M-Midnight? Wh-wh-what's that?" Midnight's eyes shrouded under the darkness of her hair, not listening to the princess' distressed winces.