•●•chapter 9 ~•: the past. pt. 1

□●○•○●□

Normal POV-

"Hello? Is anyone out here?"

A young boy wandered a winter forest.

The child looked around the trees throughout the dense snowfall. His body began to shiver as he trekked down the snowy path. Earlier, he was asleep in his home cave, he usually tends to sleep for more than a month. But his sleep cycle was interrupted by the cold air.

When he came out, it was hard for him to barely recognize if this was his home or not.

His world was all...white.

Why is the place so cold?

Was he in another land?

If so...how did he get here?

"Hello?" His voice echoed in the void timberland. There were no animals, the plants were dying from the cold. The child couldn't handle it, he was used to the yearly spring sun warming his scales---skin.

But the grey clouds were crying snowflakes.

Why was it snowing?

He walked around the white forest for over an hour, crying out for someone. Anyone. It was quiet. Very quiet. The cold was beginning to take a toll on him, his breath became weary. He couldn't feel his toes anymore.

He was all alone.

In a new world he's never seen before.

He let out a sneeze and a small belch of flames hefted out.

An elder once told him it was a gift entitled to him when he was born. He lived alone in the caves near the dormant volcano mountains, not far from a tribal village of barbarians. But he learned to survive with the aid of the animals of the forest and the village elder.

Every so often, curious village kids often visit his cave. He was harmless. Kind to them even.

He hasn't understood his ability quite yet, belching out fire at control was difficult for him to even at his young age. And he tends to shed his scales. So he couldn't stay in the village. And the cave was so comforting to hibernate in, he grew it into his little habitat. He even had more heightened senses than any human. Even with the tribal mark ever stitched into his skin, it was clear...

...the boy was a totem beast reincarnate.

"Hello? Elder? Anyone out here?"