➣After - Hyerin

Seokjin gives Jungkook a very special surprise. 

...

It wasn't meant to happen for them. That's what he told himself. That they were only meant to have one. That there was obviously some fault in his own body that kept him from giving his alpha more of the one thing he had been created for.

It had happened so easily both times before too. All it had taken was him making foolish, reckless choices to close to his heat. Going to an alpha he should never have become involved with. Staying when he knew he shouldn't. Letting himself get swept up in the intensity of his own pleasure.

Being with his mate. Forgetting to take his pills. Realizing he didn't care. Waiting for weeks for the signs and then weeks for them to fade. Carrying the pain around inside of him silently because it was a burden that he deserved to bare.

Jungkook did not deserve to suffer the knowledge that had been denied another child. So he went through it alone. Made sure he was the only one who knew that secret - and the only other soul who did would take it to the grave.

It just wasn't meant for them. And he tried to be okay with that.

...

It had been an experiment. To see if the results could be replicated. But so far his own body was coming up as the control, and not the variable.

Nothing happened. Heat after heat.

There was nothing wrong with him. He was shockingly healthy. A picture perfect pure male omega. Even his doctor was slightly shocked that it hadn't happened. But sometimes there was just no rhyme or reason to these things. Sometimes they just happened or they didn't.

So he stopped trying. Removed all of the elements of the experiment except one. No longer kept such careful track of his cycles - he still entered the data into the app on his phone so he could have predictions of his heats, but no longer did he check his temperature, or sneak off to take ovulation test.

Glanced at the pills for a moment then threw them away. For once in his life he actually wanted it to happen, which meant it was guaranteed not to, so why bother?

Threw them away and just tried not to think about what could have been.

...

"You smell different." It was a quiet whisper, pressed against his ear as his brother in law wrapped his arms around him, chin resting on his wide shoulder.

"Do I?" He honestly hadn't noticed. Then again, Jungkook hadn't either, and he had been so certain about the scent of chocolate before.

"Mm hm. It's soft though." Once, the scent of cinnamon had hung in the air that surrounded him, a gentle note that steadily grew stronger until it overwhelmed his own fruity strawberry. But it had started off soft, nothing more than a hint, and he tried not to allow that to excite him.

"I've been getting sick in the mornings too." It was quiet, and he beat down the urge to glance behind them, to make sure the two alpha's hadn't become interested in the little omega's who were off whispering in a corner.

"Jinnie!" Baekhyun's voice rose before instantly forcing it back down, realizing what he had done and actually giving in and looking behind them. Only Jungkook and Taehyung were too engrossed in some video game they were currently playing to even know they were there. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because what if it's nothing?" But the scent of chocolate had been so intense before. Like a hint that he should have known something was wrong.

"What if it's not?" He hoped it wasn't. Had already looked up all of the ways to get a pregnancy to stick. Talked to his stomach every chance he got, begging this little one to stay.