She's home ~ ♪

- Your POV -

"OW WHAT THE FU—" I quickly shut my mouth and stayed silent before I heard the infected run the direction I had thrown the glass bottle. Dumb glass had cut my finger, Its hard to believe that even during the apocalypse, I still manage to scream in pain from a simple cut ?

I carefully walked through the woods being careful of my surroundings..wouldn't want to get bit y'know??
I kept walking, watching my step incase if tree roots that were planted there to practically trip me on purpose. As I kept walking, I gently traced the scar on my shoulder, the shoulder that once had a bullet shot in it..remember

So, how an I here after that?
Well-

- Flashback -
After being shot I gently submerged myself into a sleep like position. Fireflies came running in the room one after the other.
"Fuck!!"
One of the Fireflies had cursed
"She's dead..shit!!"
"What do we do??"
"UUGGH DAMNIT"
I processed to listen to their very dim conversation whilst awaiting to be fully submitted into the afterlife.

"Uh- We'll go get the others, leave our bags here.." A feminine voice spoke.
No voices were spoken, only the sound of things being dropped to the ground and footsteps towards the doors.
They had left
It seems that I hadn't died yet?
Could I be quick and make it back to Ellie an Joel?
No, I'd weigh them down..

I gently rise up, grunting at the pain that jolted through my shoulder.
I waddled over to the bags and pulled out a couple on useful items that could treat my arm.

I tend to my wound and take any remaining food, water, weapons and useful items and pack them in my bag before running out of the hospital.

I'm alive
But alone..

- Flashback over -

So...that's that I guess,
At the moment I was on my way to find shelter or just anywhere I could stay safe. Hunters had been looking for new prey- that includes humans which is a huge advantage to me.

I continued walking through the woods quickly and quietly. Everything seemed to be so peaceful..right before I had felt someone grab me from my neck- I felt something sharp and cold against my skin as I struggled to get out of the persons grasp.

I felt like this time it may be the end for me, before I felt the persons arm being ripped away from my neck and heard a crack like noice. I fell to the ground gasping for air and hastily turned around to spot my Savior and possible new murderer..

In front of me on the ground was the person who grabbed me, laying there, dead and lifeless.
"Are you okay?!"
A rough and gruff voice questioned
"Yeah I'm fi-" before I was able to answer the voice spoke up again, cutting me off
"(Y/n)..?" The voice said in a hushed tone, almost like they were unsure.
My eyes shot up to the person once my name had left their mouth.

It was a rather old man. A grey shirt, very rough looking bag, a beard, and a...broken watch??
It was Joel

I shot up from the ground and latched on to him as fast as I possibly could, tumbling over in the process.
It had been 5 years, what would you expect?
"Joel?! Oh my god I- YOU'RE HERE!"
I so literally screamed, I was beginning to shake in his grasp. I felt a couple tears drops onto my back, I pulled out of Joel's embrace to see him silently crying.

"Joel? Are you-?"
I were about to question his well-being before he spoke before I
"I thought I lost you..."
He said in a tone I'd never heard before. He was quiet, gentle, it was almost like he was fragile. I attacked him in a long hug,
"I'm here!! And I'm okay!"

I hugged Joel for so long, my arms felt numb. He told me he had a small city in Jackson with Tommy and some others. I had told him how I made it out alive on our way to this city he spoke of.

"So uhm.." I fiddled with my fingers and slowed down a bit, Joel had stopped in his tracks and tuned around to face me, a clear look of confusion on his face

"What about..Ellie??" I but the inside of my cheek cautiously, I was preparing myself to here good or bad news..
"She's.."
Joel began and trailed off afterwards.
Oh no- Don't tell me shes..gone

"..she's broken, ever since your..'death' she hasn't been getting any sleep and has been having the worst break downs I've ever seen.."

I was shocked..she's alive! But losing sleep because of me..
We stayed silent before I smiled and giggled and began walking again. Joel looked ahead of him and I turned around..
"Well, we better be quick and tell her she'll be getting a lot more sleep now!"  I said and started rushing in the direction Joel had told me Jackson was, he slowly shook his head and released a chuckle.
He felt okay again