Silver Shadow

2 Days Before The Trip

"Gone but not forgotten." Betty Brant said in a somber voice as she over voiced the video tribute that flashed with the pictures of Iron Man, Black Widow, Captain America, and Vision. All of those that were lost in the fight between Thanos.

"Over five years ago half of all existence was wiped from the earth. But then less than 1 month ago a band of brave heroes brought us back. They called it, the blip. Those of us who blipped away came back the same age while others grew 5 years older. Silver Shadow made a statement on what was going to happen next." The clip played a woman in a dress suit, Pepper Potts, talking then it shifted to another video.

"Who is that?" Peter asked his short friend. "Do-does she knows who I am? Does she have the clearance to know?"

"Peter, she is the clearance. That is Silver Shadow, she has been a superhero for the past three years during the blip. She is mega badass and powerful. Before everything went down Captain America and Iron Man made a plan that if something happened she would become the new leader of the Avengers." Peter looked shocked at him and gave him a little worried look, he blipped out too, how would he know all of that so soon. "I had a lot of catching up to do." He defended himself raising his hands.

Before Peter knew it he had a phone shoved into his hands with an image of a woman on it, her suit was a similar form of the scales that Peter had on his but had black in the body and silver on the edges. She was easily the shortest Avenger, both Captain America and Thor towered over her in multiple pictures. Even her standing next to Black Widow made Black Widow seem like a giant.

"Happy hasn't told me anything about her. Wouldn't he tell me? Plus after Mr. Stark had me become an Avenger she would probably know." Peter said in a hushed tone to his friend as he quickly closed his locker.

"Dude she probably knows all about you. If she's the new leader then she probably knows." Ned knew that Peter was probably freaking out but he couldn't help the excitement that bubbled in its stomach at Silver Shadow knowing who Peter was. She might even meet with him. Ned was quickly elbowed in the stomach before they walked into class trying not to cause any more attention that then he was giving them.

Quickly sitting down and his old seat Peter looked around the classroom and saw so many new faces. Half of the class was all the new people that he had never even seen before. A couple of faces stuck out to him in particular such as Brad Davis. The weak 10-year-old that he used to know now and turn into a muscular jock that was smirking at all the girls.

After Peter scanned all the phases in the class he noticed something MJ smiled at someone. And then waved them over. As he looked over to the girl that was being waved out for, he noticed something familiar about her but he couldn't quite figure out.

"Who's that?" Peter leaned into his friend and asked, trying to seem as inconspicuous as possible. The girl gave a small smile to MJ and slid into the seat next to her before leaning back into her seat and closing her eyes for a brief second.

"Peter. You have got to be kidding me. That is Y/n. Little Y/n/n that had a crush on you whenever you took a trip downtown. Peter! You went to her dad's funeral." Peter mentally cursed himself as he looked back over to where Y/n was sitting. The thing was she wasn't a 'Y/n/n' anymore. She was 16, she was still about a couple of months younger than him but not nearly as much as she was. She wasn't smiling as much as she used to, Peter could tell that easily, she lost her dad. He looked for her at the funeral but came up empty, he had thought about her within the minutes of Tony's death. God, he was dense. She was beautiful before she was cute in a kid sort of way but now... God.

"I guess the tables have turned," Ned said looking at his friend with a knowing grin, but he was quick to dismiss.

"W-What, N-no. Ned, no." Peter stuttered out quickly to cover himself. He said it a bit too loud so much that he was almost positive that the whole class had heard him, but only one person turned. Y/n turned her head to face the boy and smiled. It lit up her face so much that Peter couldn't help but smile back. The teacher came in abruptly ordering the class to pay attention and as soon as they looked away from each other Ned grinned at Peter.

"Shut it."

____

A sharp bell rang out, telling everyone that the school day was over. As soon as he could Peter sprang out of his seat and went into the hallway hoping that he would run into her. Scanning the halls quickly he noticed a small girl coming out of the library.

"Y/n," Peter called out as he jogged over to the library doors, Y/n turned her head into his direction and smiled but still kept walking, a conflicted look on her face.

"Y/n." He grabbed her arm trying to stop her from moving only for her to shrug out of the hold easily.

"I-I can't talk right now, Peter. I just can't." Y/n turned again this time making it farther but not by much only to get stirred into the empty band room. The band classes were usually in the morning so he knew that it would be empty so that they could talk.

"Seriously, Peter. I can't right now. If I talk then everything is going to go to hell and I really can't have a mental breakdown here. Plus, Happy is going to be pissed if I am late, and..." She rambled on a part of her that hadn't changed whatsoever. A small smile appeared on Peter's face.

"Y/n/n." He muttered out and no-one was completely sure who moved first. But before anyone knew if Y/n's head was in Peter's neck and his hands were around her waist. Wrapping her arms around his neck she moved closer to him, a touch of relief rushed through Peter that he could tell that she still cared for him.

"I missed you," Rose muttered, her eyes starting to fill with tears as she pulled away from him, a small smile on her face.

"I missed you, too, Y/n."

"I haven't been called that in 4 years. Dad- Whenever he said it reminded him of you. He said of how he failed." At the mention of her father tears started to come down her cheeks once again but she just swiped them underneath her hands. "God, I need to stop crying."

"I know the feeling," Peter muttered out before he brushed away a lone tear that strayed away from the rest of her tears. He used to do that when she was younger, before the snap, but now it was more- intimate. He pulled away.

He knew that he should say something. About her dad but he couldn't. He didn't think either of them could handle it. So he studied her, her hair was no longer short but more of a medium length.

She wore little to no makeup but he could tell that she didn't need any anyway. She was beautiful, it had to be the first time that he really looked at her since the blip. Before either of them could do anything, say anything a tone rang out she quickly looked down to her phone and cursed. She quickly put her phone back into her pocket and threw it on her jacket.

"Where are you going?"

"You're not the only one leading a double life, Parker. I'll see you at the airport." Before he knew it she reached up and kissed his cheek before walking away leaving Peter with a shocked look.