Venice

Reader

"This place is sinking." I was inclined to agree as I stepped into the hotel, I mean what could you expect from a city that was sinking itself. I walked across the boards that kept the water from sinking so much being soaking into the ground.

I guess that I am going to need to change my shoes after being in this room. I lifted my shoes off the floor and moved into the middle of the room, MJ followed with a cringe worthy look on her face.

"I think you mean it is charming." Mr. Dell chirped back trying to make it seem better than it actually is. A cat meowed from the side of the couch in front of me before moving to the table adjacent to it.

"Drop off your stuff we are going to meet at the DaVinci Museum at 3 o'clock." Ordered before shoeing everyone away and up to the hotel rooms.

"Vamanos."

"It's Andiamos." MJ muttered under her breath to correct Mr. H, I chuckled before I ran upstairs. It wasn't the most glamorous place ever that was for sure but it was still somewhere to sleep at night and in Venice. God.

It reminded me of what I used to love doing with my dad. He took me here once. Sure it was probably three years ago but I still remember it like it was yesterday. Here's to take me to The DaVinci and the main square. It was right when Morgan was born so while mom was taking care of a crying Morgan he took me out at night.

When I came in I noticed it was as beautiful as it was the last time, there were a couple of posters of my father here, MJ noticed it as well and steered me away from the areas. I loved it here. It had to be my favorite place because it was the first place my dad took me outside the United States. It was a family trip, Natasha and Steve stayed home while we went.

I walked into the nearest room to the doorway and as I opened it I saw two twin beds sitting along with a long couch. The bathroom was just a huge room at the end of the hall, probably the only bathroom that was in the whole hotel.

I pulled up my suitcase and set it on top of the bed, MJ took the bed next to me, I was excited to come back here. My dad always loved this place, he used to talk about it non-stop whenever I brought up going out of the country.

"Are you excited?" I asked MJ as I plopped down on my bed looking over to where she was unpacking all of the things she needed.

"Did you know that a guy named Roberto Succio killed a bunch of people here? Near the beeline, I'm ecstatic to see that." I laughed at her fascination in murders, before we even came here she spent probably hours researching this stuff.

"Are you bringing it?" I hadn't even realised that I was staring at DEBS, the glasses that my father gave to me a couple of years before the Blip. Designated Electronic Babysitting Service. My sister had something similar but she was going to get them when she understood what she could do with them. In that frame was all I needed for protection, it had access to all of my father's protocols including my suit that was located back at the Avengers HQ. If I needed it, It would come within a matter of minutes using the engines made that could move 2000 miles a minute.

Grabbing the glasses as a precaution I settled them on top of my head before tying most of my hair back.

"Just in case."

____

"The pigeons really like you, M." I grinned as I looked at the creatures crawling all over MJ squawking in her ears as I tried to take a picture of her. If they did their business on her I would be dead.

"Shut it." I laughed as she slowly tried to brush the birds off.

"Do you guys want a picture?" I looked back to see Brad smiling at me and MJ. I would be lying if I didn't say that he wasn't easy on the eyes. I knew him since pre-school and let's just say he had a huge glow up.

"Sure." I said to him as I handed him my phone and walked over to MJ she tried to set a bird on my shoulder but it just flew right back on the top of her head, I couldn't help but grin. After I grabbed back my phone we headed to the nearest coffee shop to get some energy for the rest of the day.

After I ordered a couple of shots of espresso I split them equally and handed 3 to her and 3 to me.

Normally I didn't like expresso because of how strong it was but I had to admit it was damn good here.

"I am going to head to the plaza. It is the place that I was telling you about where that person killed dozens of people and then buried them, the place is about in the courtyard, want to come?"

"I'll meet you there. I want to look over here a bit more." I told her as I walked out of the small shop and into the canal ways. It was amazing here the swift breeze was immaculate against my skin. Even though the sky was beating down harshly the breeze made up for it.

The waters were calm, almost too calm for my liking, as I walked onto the bridge it was almost as if I was in some normal universe. But the thing was, ours wasn't normal.

I moved to turn around when a familiar face came out of an alleyway, I quickly walked over to him before asking-

"What's in the bag?" His body jumped at my voice until he turned around, he seemed to angle it away from me but still in my line of vision. Of course I don't say 'hey' or 'what's up' I have to say something ridiculous instead.

"I-Its a present for Aunt May. She had me promise to get something in every place we went to. She likes that." He gave me a smile but I could notice the hesitation in his voice, I raised my eyebrow at him to say 'oh really'.

Shit, what am I going to do now. The voice slipped in my head and before I knew it I realised that I had let my powers slip out of my grasp for a moment. I slammed through my power to stop reading anything else that was coming to me unless it was pushed at me.

It was a small thing that I used to do around people when I was 11 when I first got my powers, but now I hardly ever had that happen.

"Is it bad that I am waiting for the next world-threatening event to happen? It is just so strange for peace and quiet."

"I know what you mean. Un-normal things are almost normal for me at this point. The quiet is kind of- terrifying."

"Who knew that the great and all-powerful Spider-Man had a fear of quiet." Peter chuckled as we walked down the second bridge of the canal walkway. I nudged him playfully but stopped as I noticed something taking out my phone.

It was a crab, but the colors were almost unbelievably vibrant. I fixed my DEBS so she sat flat on my head not falling as I leaned over to take the picture.

What I didn't notice was the Gondola being sent in my direction and a huge mass of water springing out.

Peter grabbed me by the waist and spun me around so his back was facing where the Water Dude had just surfaced. Within a second of the Water-Man jumping out a gondola crashed into the wall next to us. Stepping over it I grabbed the hands of Betty and yanked her out of the gondola while Peter got Ned.

I walked over to Peter trying to hush my words as I stood next to the two of them and barked out an order as I put on DEBS.

"DEBS. Send Happy Hogan, and Maria Hill a distress signal from these coordinates. Also send the signal to all SHIELD agents in Venice, Italy, and around. Send this to the Threat, I repeat water like creature threat in Venice, Italy. Hurry Asses up. Execute a distress signal."

"I forgot my suit. It is at the hotel." I gave an incredulous look to Peter as I assessed the situation. The water form grew bigger and assembled something of a face. I cursed out. As I tugged off DEBS I ripped open my backpack and grabbed the case fingerprinting to close it and shoved it into Ned's backpack.

"Run. Get everybody out of here. Peter, go with him, you don't have your suit, everybody is going to see your face." I told Peter he gave me a look of insanity before barking out something of his own.

"I have to. Go Ned, Y/n. Get people out of here." It threw a punch sending millions of gallons of water through a building almost making it collapse. Punch after punch Venice sank even more by the billions of gallons that were poured onto its land.