1. 23. My Everything

I've been avoiding Clinton for the past week.

And to say it has been really easy would be an understatement.

He texts me every once in a while but doesn't even mention meeting up with me. No more lunch dates or dates in general. He's been so fishy for the past week, it's as if he's avoiding me for an altogether other reason.

Obviously, I miss him.

To the point, I actually think he's having an affair behind my back. But that's not possible, he loves me.

But what if...

He was a player in the past and it's not like I'm some witch he's under the spell of that has suddenly snagged him up to the point he has forgotten his ways.

Definitely not.

But I've been too busy my own self, what with work and Jason's statements from that day in the back of my mind still lingering like a very fresh wound.

The fact that he's been M.I.A. ever since, hasn't helped my situation either.

Hence I've been avoiding Clinton because God knows, I can't lie to him with a straight face.

It sucks though because whenever I'm alone I do miss him my fair share, even Jason.

Liza has surprisingly been spending all that spare time with me and kept me sane in all this mess.

Not today though because I've just the perfect surprise for her.

I contacted her redhead, A.K.A. current not-so-ex flame, Camille and told her about Liza's dilemma.

I know it's not my place to meddle in their relationship but Liza has always been there for me and I really wanted to return the gesture especially when she's been feeling as shitty as me for the past days.

As much as I would hate to admit it, Liza really needs to get her head out of her ass and see what she's missing out on.

I think to myself as I pack my bags and leave my office only to stop short at the sight of Camille and Liza.

It seems like my convincing worked.

I step up towards Liza who's still staring at Camille from her desk.

"I invited her over", I whisper into Liza's ear which snaps her out of the trance she was in.

Her head snaps in my direction, brows furrowed.

But before she could mouth me off, I proceed towards Camille who is still maintaining her distance from Liza as she stands a few booths down from Liza's.

"Hi Camille. I'm Justine. Thank you so much for coming. I'm really glad you're here", I shake her hand with a bright smile on my face.

As I round her to head towards the elevator, I don't miss to place my hand on her shoulder and whisper my next words.

"And I think Liza is glad you're here too", I pat her shoulder lightly if only to provide her some strength.

The poor women is too frail anyway.

My shoulder lightly brushes against her as I make my way to the elevator. After a few steps, I remember something and say it out loud since the office was almost empty with only us, as I turn around to face them.

"Hope you guys have fun! Bye!", I chuckle silently to myself as I wave them and head off and out of the building.

A huge feeling of relief and happiness spreading through me as I head back home.