chapter 2

Hinata's pov*

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock and I was extremely sore. I turned it off without bothering to look at the time then I tried to get out of bed but I only fell trying to stand up. I up determined to make it to school. I changed as fast as possible, did my makeup, and went downstairs without looking at the time because I feared if I did it would be like bad luck. When I got downstairs my uncle was awake and that's what I feared the most. For the second day in a row I tried to sneak out but without much luck.
"Hay! Where the hell do you think your going!" My uncle screamed at me. I turned around to greet him but instead I got a beer bottle thrown at me. It grazed my cheek and my eyes were horror shocked. My uncle didn't get drunk a lot witch means most of the things he did things he did to me were while he was sober. When he was drunk things got a lot worse for me. My uncle started walking towards me and I backed up out of fear. My uncle grabbed my hair and threw me to the ground were the shattered glass was. It didn't hurt as much as I expected because only a few pieces of glass actually stabbed into me but my uncle started kicking me. I pleaded for him to stop but he wouldn't listen. He grabbed my uniform collar and punch me in the gut. I coughed up a bit of blood as my uncle kept beating me. I could tell he wasn't going to let up anytime soon I worried he might even kill me. My uncle grabbed me once again and he bit down on my neck causing me to scream out in pain. I kicked my uncle in the stomach causing him to let go of me and I rushed out of the house as he started yelling at me. I grabbed my bike and started riding down the mountain with tears streaming down my eyes. I was bleeding from several wounds and scratches but I couldn't feel any pain because of the adrenaline. I didn't know how the team was going to react or why I did something so reckless but the one thing I did know was things weren't going to be the same after today.

Time skip*

I arrived at the school gates I throw my bike to the ground and ran towards the gym. I was already late and there was no turning back.
As I got to the gym doors the adrenaline started to wear off and the weight of my actions started to catch up to me. I started questioning what I just did and what the consequences would be. I hesitated to open the doors to the gym because once I did my life would change, for better or worse. I tried to stop thinking about it and opened the doors to the gym.

Third person pov*
Hinata opened the doors not knowing what to expect. "Hay Hina- WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU!" Nishinoya yelled, grabbing the attention of the rest of the team. "WHO THE HELL DID THAT TO YOU!" Kageyama yelled as he rushed to Hinata's side. "Oh my gosh." Sugawara said before breaking down. Daichi helped Suga up and tried to clam him down before they walked over to Hinata. "Hinata what happened? Are you okay? Can you tell us who did this to you?" Daichi asked trying to keep a leveled head. Sugawara hugged Hinata and Hinata broke down into tears. Tanaka, Nishinoya, and Ashi all rushed over to find out what was happening and Yamaguchi and Tsukishima went to grab the first aid kit. When Yamaguchi and Tsukishima came back Suga pulled Hinata into the gym and told him to sit down so he could treat her wounds. Suga sat on one side of hinata to clean his wounds while Kageyama sat on the other side tightly gripping his hand. The rest of the team crowded around them as Daichi tried to get Hinata to tell them what happened. Suga grabbed an alcohol whip to clean the cut on his cheek and he actually whipped off a bit of makeup. Confused he whipped the rest of and saw a bunch of bruises covering his neck and face. Hinata was in tears so the team tried to comfort him even Tsukishima made an effort to make Hinata fell better and after he calmed down and Suga finish cleaning and bandaging Hinata's face and neck he started to explain the the team what was going on at home and everything that happened this morning and the team was silent the whole time. After Hinata finished explaining he removed his shirt and showed the team the rest of his bruises and cuts, he even had a few broken glass pieces. After a long silence no one wanted to speak up because none of them knew what to say but Kageyama abruptly stud up. "Why the hell did you wait until now to tell us!" Kageyama yelled at Hinata and he just looked away. Daichi grabbed Kageyama's arm but he pushed Daichi's hand away. "If you were in so much danger why didn't you tell anyone! You waited until your life was on the line! How do you think that makes us feel! Knowing that you were in danger for so long but none of made an effort to help!" Kageyama yelled in frustration. "Kageyama stop being so selfish! Can't you see he's hurting enough!" Tsukishima yelled shutting Kageyama up. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to burden any of you." Hinata said with a look of guilt on his face. "It's ok. Your problems are our problems." Sugawara said hugging Hinata. Another moment of silence passed before Ashi spoke up. "What are we going to do about this." Ashi said finally addressing the elephant in the room. "Well he can't go home tonight." Daichi said and everyone agreed. "We could call the police." Nishinoya pointed out. "But I don't have any other family." Hinata said looking down. "If we were to call the police and Hinata's uncle was arrested that would mean that Hinata would have to go to a foster home." Tsukishima said. "He could take turns spending every few nights at someone's house until we find out a more permanent solution." Tanaka said. Every seemed to like the agreement. "But who's house would he stay at first?" Yamaguchi asked. "He could stay at my house for awhile. My parents won't be home for the next few months." Kageyama suggested. "Is this okay with you Hinata?" Suga asked Hinata. "Yeah. Anything is better than going home." Hinata replied. "I'll explain the situation to the coach. It's best to have an adult's point of view." Daichi said before walking off.

Time skip*
Hinata's pov*

The rest of practice was just everyone thinking of ways to help me out. I would be staying with Kageyama until his parents come back then I'll be going to Nishinoya's house. I don't know how my uncle is going to react but Suga said that he'll never hurt me again. Coach Ukai said he'll help us in anyway we need as long as we don't get too distracted from practice. We all agreed and left for class.