chapter 9

Recap*
"

You are all suspects in the murder of Shoyo Hinata and Tobio Kageyama." A police officer said as he started walking Coach Ukai and the third years out to the police van first. "You have the right to remain silent anything you do say can and will be used against you in the court of law."

*Hinata and Kageyama pov*
As we walk hand in hand in the place that binds us here, we see our friends hurt and confused. We call out and try to comfort them but it does nothing. We want our friends to be happy but our deaths have brought panic, pain, grief, blame, and sadness upon them. We can't help them anymore. As our team is being dragged away falsely accused we watch it horror and regret the things we did.

*Suga's pov*
-police station

The whole team is sitting in the lobby of the police station in handcuffs waiting for coach Ukai to get out of questioning. We all told the cops everything we knew. What home was like for Hinata, how he faked being okay because he was scared, how his uncle was not mentally stable, how much better things got after he stayed with kageyama for awhile, and how we thought everything was going to be okay before  his uncle started sending strange messages. The entire team was silent. No one said anything, everybody was dealing with this in there own way and some were hurting more than others but everyone was in pain none the less. I looked up at the doors of the station and saw Kageyama's parents walk in. They looked tired. There faces emotionless and his mother's eyes we're puffy and red. His dad seemed as if he'd been alive for hundreds of years. They seemed dead. Kageyama's mother looked at us and her eyes slightly glistened. "Are you guys ok-" "I'm sorry ma'am but you can't talk to them at the moment. " An officer said, bringing them into another room. An officer walked out of the questioning room and we all looked up slightly confused. "New evidence was found in the gym so I'm afraid we can't let you go. You are free to get one phone call each but after I'll have to take you kids to the holding cell." The officer said before walking away.

"What evidence?!" Nishinoya asked in
panicked yelling voice.
"I don't know but it's best to just corporate." Daichi said. Just as Yamamguchi was about to make a phone call we all freeze as we see Hinata's uncle walk in crying. Tanaka visibly starts shaking in range as he stood up. "Tanaka it's not worth it." Coach Ukai said walking out of the questioning room. Tanaka sat back down and growled in anger. A police officer walking Hinata's uncle in for questioning and as he walked by he grinned and continued to fake sob.

*third person pov*

Everyone on the team took turns calling there parents and telling them what was happening and how they wouldn't be able to go home right away. The officer who spoke to them earlier came and walked them to the holding cells. "We'll figure everything out soon so just sit tight." The officer said before walking away.

*two days later*
In an investigation room-
*Asahi's pov*

The team has been interrogated for the last two days because they found a bat and metal pole in our club room with Hinata's and Kageyama's blood on it so everyone had to get a lawyer. "Mr. Azumane, why not just confess and make this easier for everyone? We have the evidence so lying is unless." The detective said as I just stayed quite. "My client already told you that he's innocent and he doesn't have to say anything else." My lawyer replied. It's been back and forth between them for the past hour or two and I'm positive the rest of the team is going through the same thing. We were all at Coach's shop but we don't have anyone to confirm our alibis and the cameras in the shop just so happened to be turned off that night. We're being set up and we can't prove it so we're going to stay silent. "We'll see what the judge has to say about your clients innocents. We have all the evidence to prove that they are responsible but nothing to prove there innocent." The detective said with a smirk. This was it. I knew it. My life was over and I didn't even get to graduate. The first years lives are ending before they even started. We had a chance to make it big, but it's lost now.

(Sorry I don't know how to make a proper transaction)

*time skip*
Court room-
*Daichi's pov*

As we entered the court and the trial started I could see Yamamguchi terrified and upset and it pained me. I don't know what feels worse, the fact that they're gone or the fact that people think we're the reason they're gone. I can see our parents crying and next to the judge stands Hinata's uncle. We've all lost hope. The only thing we can do now is tell the truth and hope it does justice.
-
As the court goes on and our lawyers try to defend our case they start calling people to the sand to speak and the first person was Hinata's uncle. Nishinoya looked scared and Tanaka furious. Hinata's uncle sworn an othe to tell the truth before he started speaking. "My niece, lost his parents growing up so I was all he had and it pains me so to know he's gone. I still find myself going to his room to wake him up in the morning." "Objection! That has nothing to do with the case your honor." The defense lawyer said as Hinata's uncle was about to continue. "Overruled. Please continue Mr. Hinata." The judge said completely dismissing the lawyer. "One night Shoyo didn't come home but I assumed he was on a valley ball trip but he told me he was with his friend Tobio so I let it be and that's all I know." Hinata's uncle said with tears running down his face. "Did you know about this Mr and Mrs. Kageyama?" The judge asked. "No your honor, we were away on a long business trip and our son never told us anything." Kageyama's dad replied. The judge stopped and paused before speaking again. "How do the defendant's plea?" The judge. "Innocent." "Innocent." "Innocent." "Innocent." "Innocent." "Innocent." "Innocent." "Innocent." We all pleaded innocent and watched as the judge took everything into consideration. “You may read the verdict.” the judge said as an officer handed coach, Suga, Asahi, and me a file. When I opened it my eyes were horror struck. My sentence said "25 years till death"
I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it. I looked to Suga and he was in tears. Asahi was in shock and so was coach. We all closed the files. "So say you all?" The judge asked "yes your honor." The rest of the court room replied. The judge banged his mallet and cops started walking Suga, coach, Asahi, and me out and I saw my mother crying along with the rest of the team. I could've sworn I saw a tear roll from Tsukishima's cheek.

*Nishinoya's pov*

"You are under age and there for will serve years in the juvenile detention center until you're of the proper age then will serve the same sentence as your friends. Dismissed." The judge banged his mallet and people started to leave as we were being escorted the judge said; "May God have mercy on your souls." I couldn't believe it. Nothing seemed real. I can't handle it. I looked back at my parents who were crying and I looked down in shame. My life was over.

_____________________________________
◡̈⋆ʜᴇʟʟᴏ(*´∇')ノ how are you people doing?
You've reached the end of the story! I hope you are emotionally OK after making it this far. Check out my profile and see if I have anymore storys you like! ٩(ര̀ᴗര́)ᵇʸᵉ