Chapter 3, Reality

Jason and the girl prepared to climb out of the dumpster. As they look around, they find a creepy amount of body pillows, posters, and other merchandise of some sort of female anime character.

     Jason picked up a picture frame featuring the girl in a kimono. Tears ran down Jason's face as he leaned against the corner of the dumpster and said, 

     "First, my car blows up, then I get thrown into a dumpster that is literally designed to tell me my waifu is trash!? How could this day get any worse!"

      The girl looked at the floor and muttered, 

     "I knew it." Jason looked up at the girl and replied, 

     "Knew what?" 

     "Dude and Dude are behind all this. Until now I thought they were just a work of fiction created by Sean the magical weeaboo. He claims to be nothing more than the editor of the story. Believe what you want, but what I am about to say, is the truth."

     "I was sitting in my room checking out some dank memes on 'Facebook' when suddenly, I got a notification. The notification stated there was a new post on the fan page for "The Story Of Maple." I instantly clicked on this notification as any extreme fan would, and what I saw, instantly drew me in."

     "The post that was shown read 'What should Dude and Dude do to troll the humans next? If you have a good enough idea, you might end up being the inspiration for the next book in 'The Story Of Maple' franchise!'"

      "After reading this question, I was obviously really intrigued. I am a huge fan of hats, I have thousands of dollars' worth of beautiful, historical hats and have been studying them my entire life. Because of this, I asked them 'How about you create a story about a really awesome hat? If you do that, you will be able to get lots of publicity from the Hat community!'" 

     "A few days passed by after sending out that message and to my surprise, I got a reply."

"Thank you very much for giving us the amazing idea of writing a story about an awesome hat. I believe centering our plot around a really awesome hat, would create a hilarious premise and would take the story to a whole new level! "

 "In order to pull a story like this off, however, we will need to find someone who has great knowledge when it comes to hats. We would like you to be the main character in the story. If you agree to these terms, we will use your idea for our next novel."

     "At this point, I thought by using me as a character, they meant they would use some sort of funny meta-humor where I am the one writing the story alongside Dude and Dude."

     "Upon accepting these terms, they stopped messaging me back. I tried contacting them multiple times afterward but was met with no response. Upon finally giving up, this is you come in Jason. I was hanging out on your discord and stumbled across that hat we all know of today. Those words will be forever burnt in my brain."

     "You want my Hat; you can have it! I left the entire thing in one place! Now you just have to find it!"

     "Cars blowing up with no apparent reason, garbage dumps full of your favorite waifu. At that point, I knew this is not a work of fiction. This is real life. We must take down Dude and Dude before they create any more chaos in this world."

     Jason looked at her with a confused face. "You don't believe me, do you?" She asked. Jason replied, "No, I believe you, bro, I had my suspicions as well. I use to be friends with a bro named Harold. The similarities to him and there one in "The Story Of Maple," were just too similar to be a mere coincidence. After what happened to him, I cannot let them get away. We must take them down once and for all."