Chapter 8, the forest.

"Enough with this crappy info-dumping! how do you plan on me taking down Dude and Dude!?" screamed Jason. The goat grew a sinister smile. 

     "You will find out soon enough." He said. Jason felt dizzy, his vision began to blur as he drifted away once again.

     Upon waking up once again, Jason could hear crickets coming from all directions. He looked around and noticed he was in the middle of a dark forest with a circular gap.

     He laid in the circle with multiple other people scattered around in the circle with him. The first person that caught Jason's eye, was a young, bald girl.

      "Could you be Drop?" Asked Jason.  After a small pause in the conversation, she quietly replied 

"Yeah."  Sitting next to her, was a scrawny, tall Mcdonald's employee with a knife stuck in his back. He said, 

     "I see, we are the victims of Dude and Dude and we are here to stab them in the back for what they have done, just like they did to me." A voice from the right yelled out 

     "Those dam barnacle heads! Now I will never get to see how 'One Piece' Ends!" Everyone looked over and saw a full-grown man sitting with his head in his hands in a Naruto cosplay. Jason darted over to him and screamed,

     "Bro! I thought I would never see you again Harold!" 

     Mida was sitting on the left. Jason looked over as his eyes grew wide.

      "Mida!" He screamed. 

     "Yes, it's me, don't know why you are so surprised after all we have gone through."

     Everyone went silent as they listened to the crickets in the distance. Eventually, Drop looked in front of her and pointed out some books that were laying on the floor. 

     "What's this?" She asked as she reached out and picked them up. The books were labeled many different titles. One title was 'Die crappy authors!.' another one was called, 'Chaotic gods' and so on.

     Drop spoke out to the group.

"I see, these were all written by different dimensions. Many universes before us must have been creating worlds for their novels. In  other words, there is an endless loop of authors." There also seemed to be a notebook titled "Notes on taking down Dude and Dude."

       Upon flipping through the titles, two books grabbed Drop's attention. 'The Story Of Maple' and 'The Awesome hat.' Nothing seemed too strange about the first volume, but after flipping to the back of the awesome hat, the words cut off, and a paper fell out. Everyone looked down on the floor. In big bold letters, the paper said, 

     "Now it's your turn!"

     "Does this mean we are the new authors of the franchise?" Asked the McDonalds employee. 

     "It sure seems that way, doesn't it," replied Drop. She looked around and noticed half the sticks in the forest were actually in fact pencils. 

     After picking one up, she placed the pencil on the paper to continue where they left off. 

     "Wait!" Cried, Mita. "It might be a trap!" 

     "Look, I realize your concern, but we really don't have much of a choice here. If we don't finish this book, we will be stuck here forever."