Chapter 4, The confession

Under the surface of the earth, Dude and Dude were hysterically laughing at the fact that these humans actually think they can take them down. 

     "Dude, don't these humans realize we are practically gods in comparison to them?" Asked Dude. Dude responded, 

     "Yeah Dude, those humans must be pretty stupid to think they can take us on. How do they even expect to get to us in the first place Dude? Digging?" 

     "Yeah Dude, sure they could create a portal or something, but I am pretty sure they don't know how to do that. Plus, we literally know their every move Dude." 

     "Yeah Dude, they are pretty stupid." 

     After a short pause in the conversation, Dude decided to speak up once again. 

     "Wait a minute Dude, you told me the plot of this story was your idea Dude. Sounds to me you just stole it off the fan page Dude." Dude was unsure how to respond to this comment leaving both Dude and Dude in another awkward silence.

      Eventually, Dude broke the silence as he said,

     " Anyways, let's get ready for the party tonight!" Dude grabbed a bag and filled it up with copies of "The Story Of Maple" in hopes of selling a few copies when they get there.

     Jason and Mida were standing at the side of the road waiting for a uber to pick them up. Jason decided to ask a question. 

     "If you knew about Dude and Dude's awesome hat scam all this time, why did you decide to join my crew and look for it, bro?"

     Mida replied, 

     "Well, you see, first of all, I am an extreme fan of your 'YouTube' channel, but my main motive is I really need to get my hands on that hat! You see, I have been asking around about Dude and Dude from the underworld for the longest time. Most people thought I was just acting crazy but eventually, I found someone on discord who knew something."

     "Before Maple killed off the city of Elmoron, this man was visiting the city on a tourist trip.  Suddenly, everything went black and a maple cat materialized in front of him. the man began to run away."

     "As he ran, his legs started getting heavier, and heavier. He thought for sure he was done for. To his surprise, however, he managed to outrun the curse. According to his messages, he is now stuck in a world full of monsters and unable to escape."

     "This could not have just been a coincidence. I believe anything summoned from Dude and Dude must have a way back to their world. That is why we must find the awesome hat."

     Jason replied, 

     "I see, by finding the awesome hat, we might be able to find some valuable information on how to get to their world. Sounds pretty far fetched to me, but I guess we don't really have any other ideas bro."

     "Anyways, we better hurry. Maple is still on the loose and if we don't stop Dude and Dude from commanding him soon, the entire world will be doomed." 

     "Yeah, your right. Let's go re-read 'The Story Of Maple' for some clues." Suddenly, a massive tank pulled up beside them, Jason and Mida hopped on and drove off.

     Deep down in the underground, a large, green gymnasium full of may party games and food tables was packed with trolls throwing a massive party. The party was in celebration of a milestone set by a local author.

      Dude and Dude were hanging out at the party when suddenly, Dude's friend Dude walked up to them. 

     "Hey, Dude!" Screamed Dude. 

     "What's Up, Dude! This is My friend Dude; he is a really fun dude Dude," replied Dude. 

     "Nice to meet you Dude!" Suddenly, Dude's phone started ringing and his mom who was also named Dude was on the other end. 

     "Sorry Dude and Dude, I got to take this call, I will catch you later Dude! It was nice to meet you too Dude!" 

     With those words, Dude took off. Suddenly, Dude grabbed Dude's arm, pulled him into a closet, and locked the door.

      "Um Dude, what are you doing?" Asked Dude. Dude sighed and said, 

     "It is time for me to confess Dude." 

     Dude started to blush and said, 

     "This isn't what I think it is Dude? Is it?"

      "I have been very fond of you for many years. If you paid attention to the way the fans thought of us after we were featured in our first novel, 'The Story Of Maple,' You probably know what is coming. It has come time I finally tell you my true feelings.

     Dude looked behind him and saw a massive boom box looking stereo system. He thought of a brilliant plan. The doors of the closet swung open and all the Dudes of the underground turned their way. Dude stomped out of the closet, moved to the left, placed down the box, and connected his phone to it.

      A nighcore track started playing as he whipped on a red hat, pulled out a poke-ball, and held it high in the air while singing this song.

     "I wish that we were on TV,"
     "Just like in Pokemon."
     "You'd be a Pika-dude, In the Poke world,"
     "Yes, life would be so fun."
      "I'd be a trainer dude, and I would make the choice,"
     "To go and search for you."
     "I'd throw my pokeball, and I would catch them all,"

     "You'd be my Pikachu."

      "You're my pika dude, In the poke world,"
     "Oh, I won the gym badge, but you won my heart."
     "Pika dude, In the poke world,"
     "And now that I've got you, we can never part."
     "The pokeball in my life's open for you."
     "You're my pika dude, In the poke world,"
     "Just like in Pokemon!"

The beat started to pick up as Dude ran towards him yelling "Dude! Dude! Dude! Stop!"

Dude walks over to the box and turns off the music. "What!"

"I'm not actually a dude; Dude, I am a trap."