Chapter 11, City Of Veins

Inside of a dark room, a fur-suiter who participated in the raid sat in a wobbly chair. He was waiting to be interrogated by an investigator. 

laying in front of him, was a large table and a locked door at the end of the room. A click was heard across the room as the door opened up and a tall, serious-looking girl walked in. She slammed the door shut, and marched towards him with a box in her hands.

      Upon slamming the box down on the table, she aggressively yelled, 

     "I am only going to ask you this once. What's in the box."

      The fir-suiter wobbled around for a bit and eventually replied, 

     "I don't know." The investigator glared him in the eyes and said, 

     "Of course you know! This is what you all were looking for wasn't it?"

      "We were looking for a really awesome hat, if that's what is in the box, you better be careful what you do with it," he replied. 

     "Don't get cocky with me!" She yelled.

      "So, you really don't know." She asked.

      "I don't know what's in the box." Replied the fur-suiter. The investigator sighed, she turned around to leave and said, 

     "We will speak more of this later.

     Upon leaving the room, the investigator marched down a large hall walking into a research lab. The room was full of many strange-looking computers and a desk in the corner. She headed over to the desk still holding onto the box and sat down placing it onto the table in front of her. 

     If I can't get any evidence from the supporters, I guess I will just need to take the risk and find out myself. She thought.

     Slamming open a drawer attached to the desk, she pulled out a crowbar, a clamp, and a hammer and pried open the box. the first thing she saw in the box was a book titled 'Notes on taking down Dude and Dude.' She picked up the notebook and placed it into her suitcase.

     Directly underneath where the notebook lied, there seemed to be some sort of hat. Not just any hat, The Awesome Hat. 

     After staring at the hat, she began feeling really dizzy as her body started to wobble in circles. After about 5 seconds, her body went through a shock as she became dead still like a statue, with her eyeballs frozen in place. In a robotic sounding voice, she said,

      "Must have hat at all costs, this hat is the most legendary item on this planet."

     she reached out, grabbed the hat, ran out of the door, and ran down the hall hollering as she went. 

Planting the hat on her head, her vision became corrupt and everything went black. she attempted to run as her legs started to gain weight. The more she tried to run, the less she would move. 

     The hat she was wearing, however, gave her god-like courage as she managed to break the curse and continue running anyways. As she ran into the darkness, white light overtook her and she fell into a city full of green buildings covered in large red veins.