Chapter 6

2019

Gulf was 2 years in his university studies aged 21. Life was going well. He was just mellow and undecided when it came to love. He was still waiting and hoping. He was one who never gave up easily.

It was early December, he was on holiday from school. His parents were still fly as ever and his mum had gotten worse. She came in one day excited that the two males in the house had to sit down and listen to what she was saying.

"Son I have something to give you as a Christmas gift"

"what do you mean Christmas gift? It's not even Christmas yet"

"oh shush, its an early Christmas Gift"

She looked inside her purse and brought out a ticket.

"Guess what I'm holding?" She asked a grin on her face.

"a concert ticket" Gulf replied as he rolled his eyes. It was obvious.

"Not just any concern ticket. I heard that Girl's group from South Korea Black Pink are going to be performing and I thought you would want to go there."

That got Gulf's attention.

"Did you say Blank Pink?"

"yes, and that's not all. You know at the hotel that we stayed last time, I have a discount from last time we went with work an-"

"wait when was that? Why didn't you tell me you're going there again? when was that?"

"last year"

"Maaaeee" Gulf moaned complaining.

"listen. So I booked you to stay overnight so you don't have to have to travel at night"

She finished proud.

"maee" Gulf softened and went in to hug her mother. You are just the best. I love you."

He kissed her cheek and his father shouted a playful hey. Gulf laughed and grabbed the tickets from her mother's hand.

It was always his mother. She was doing this unintentionally. She was always leading him to Mew.

He skipped to his room and slept with the ticket under his pillow that night. He was excited. He was happy it did not take that long to see Mew again. He was going to meet the man again. He was thrilled.

The day of his departure came, and Gulf left home delighted. The journey was not long or short either. It was simply perfect.

When he got to the hotel, he felt like it was just yesterday that he came here and met him.

He checked in and the ladies at the reception had changed although the new faces looked even more pretty than the last.

After he was done with his check in, he asked not wanting to wait any longer,

"is P'Mew here?"

The ladies at the front desk looked at each other wondering who this person was who knew the owner by name.

"yes, but he is leaving tonight for a business trip.

Gulf's happy face altered.

"where can I see him?"

"in his office but he does not appreciate visitors. I'll let him know that you're looking for him and would like to meet him. If that's ok with you?"

"of course. Let him know its urgent. I need to see him before he goes."

"I understand, please enjoy your stay here."

"thank you" Gulf said as he wheeled his luggage to the elevator.