EPILOGUE

My phone started ringing. I opened my eyes and saw the time. 10:00 AM palang ah? Who would call me at this hour? I usually go to the diner during lunch time because that's the time where the diner usually gets packed. I got up and took my phone to answer the call. It's too early!

"Nasan ka?" Bryan

"Istorbo, tss." Clynton

"She's back." Bryan

Napabangon ako ng tuluyan sa kama ko. I felt so sleepy when I answered his call but when my cousin said that, isa lang ang pumasok sa isip ko... Si Sophia.. I suddenly felt the nervousness rushing inside me.

"W-Who?" Clynton

I tried to calm down. Kahit alam ko na kung sino ang tinutukoy niya, I wanted to make sure that she's really here.

"Sino pa ba? Si Sophia, gago." Bryan

She's back. She's really here.

She's finally back.

"This better not be a prank, Bryan Kiefer." Clynton

"Why would I joke about that? I'm serious!" Bryan

"Where is she?" Clynton

"Andito sa restaurant, sa Riverside. She's with her friends." Bryan

"When did she arrive there?" Clynton

"Galing siya sa airport, bro. I'm in shock too. Reagan just called me to tell me that Sophia's coming over to the restaurant." Bryan

Binabaan ko ng tawag si Bryan at napahawak sa dibdib ko. I can feel my heartbeat raging so fast. Why did she come back? Why now?

Sean told me that Sophia wasn't sure about coming home for his wedding so I wasn't expecting anything like this. What changed her mind? Is she with her boyfriend? The thought of seeing her again with him stabbed my chest.

My phone vibrated and I saw a text from Bryan. I opened his text and saw a picture of Sophia with a girl with brown short hair and the guy that I saw with her in New York. They are sitting together in the table at Raffinato. I zoomed the picture and I decided to take a good look at her.

Ganuon padin ang buhok niya. Her hair looks long and wavy as it was before. She looked slimmer and her cheekbones looked uptight. She looks like a sophisticated woman. She looks so powerful. Sophia looks like a woman that you wouldn't want to mess up with.

Damn, what happened to her? She looks so strong and tough. When we were in High school, she used to look so soft and sweet. Is her boyfriend too uptight kaya ganyan nadin siya ngaun? Ngayon ay nag mukha na siyang mataray. Nakakatakot kausapin.

...

"Mr. Evans, Sean del Valle's assistant is calling." Ceci

Ceci shyly entered my office while I'm having an interview for a magazine page.

Napamasahe ako sa ulo ko when I remembered that I have a board meeting in del Valle furnitures in a few minutes. Ah, shit I forgot.. Sean del Valle will kill me.

"Can we call it a day? I have an important meeting to attend to." Clynton

I asked the journalist politely. I didn't want to rush off and leave them here, that would be rude.