𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢

"Welcome to City of Victoria, Hong Kong. Now, it is local time 2300 hours."

Haru jolted awake, shocked by the sudden announcement. He had been a drooling mess earlier, sleeping soundly like a baby.

"Let's go, then," Daisuke declared, walking towards the exit. Haru and I trudged behind him, tired.

There was a huge red carpet rolled down to the exit of the hangar, with people in uniform standing at the sides of the carpet, bowing at a ninety degree angle.

Woah... All this for Rich Guy? He must be very powerful, and I just never noticed it.

I was in awe. Note to self, never cross Rich Guy. You won't know what he'd do to you.

Daisuke didn't bat an eye to them, and walked down the red carpet, his hands gathered behind him. I couldn't help but get uncomfortable at the amount of attention I was getting.

"Where are we going?" Haru asked Daisuke, curious. Daisuke looked back at us, and looked as if he was contemplating something.

".. let's just say it's my vacation home in Hong Kong," Daisuke said, and continued walking.

I could never imagine how big that house would be. Considering his mansion back in Tokyo, his "vacation home" would certainly be as grand as I expect it to be.

His mansion was big enough for me to get lost in! Oh, thinking about the day makes me feel all fuzzy.

The car ride was quiet, and I spent most of it asleep, trying to recover all the sleep I had lost.

Daisuke's Vacation Home, 12:32a.m.
Yup, as I expected.

Three stories tall, swimming pool and a garage that could probably fit four limousines.

Yes, that was his "vacation home".

This guy probably owns a mansion in every country in the world!

"Uhh... You sure this is a vacation home?" Haru was dumbfounded.

"Oh, you should've seen his mansion back in Tokyo. Trust me, it's waaaaaaaay bigger," I said sarcastically.

Daisuke cleared his throat and walked into the house without a word.

"The guest rooms are on the second room, my room will be on the third floor, call for a maid if you need help with anything," he said, before disappearing into the third floor.

"I think I might get lost in this place," Haru cried out in despair.

Oh, I already know how it feels like.

Haru decided to take the guest room on the left, so I took the one on the right.

The room was similar to the one I stayed in at Daisuke's house. Plain, but grand.

I started to unpack my things and got ready to go to bed.

Bzz. Bzz.

It's Hoshino!

I picked up my phone after seeing a message notification from Hoshino.

Hoshino: How's Hong Kong?

Sora: How'd you know?

Hoshino: I needed help for my case earlier, so I popped by the Modern Crime office. Kiyomizu-san told me the details.

Sora: Oh, I just landed. It's late here.

Hoshino: I can't really fall asleep, and I got bored.

Sora: That's why you texted me?

Hoshino: No, I wanted to see if you were fine.

Sora: Why?

Hoshino: Can I be honest with you?

Sora: Of course.

Hoshino: I don't trust Daisuke.

I scratched my head, confused at what he was saying.

Hoshino: Rich people are never good people.

Sora: You never know, right?

Something made me feel bad for Daisuke. He didn't need to be stereotyped like that. Even though he is a jerk and all.

Hoshino: I guess, anyways since I know you're safe, I'll go now.

Hoshino: Call me if you need help with your case.

Sora: Okay, goodbye.

I heaved a sigh of relief when I saw that he went offline.

I never really had many friends during my school years, because of how determined I was on becoming a detective.

Haru was like a best friend to me, but even with him, I felt lonely.

Being able to talk to someone like a friend made me happy.

Hoshino... maybe even Daisuke.

I think they make me feel... what's that word...

... happy?

Even if they may be jerks.