𝙶𝚒𝚏𝚝

"E... Eh?" I tilted my head to the side quizzically. The pair of hands extended further, pushing the petite black box closer towards me.

"Just take it... for goodness sake. Do I need a reason to give you a gift?" Daisuke spat, glaring at me with disdain evident in his eyes.  

"Yeah... you do. Knowing you, you'd probably do something to piss me off instead of being so nice," I muttered, eyeing him, my gaze full of scepticism.

Daisuke giving me a gift? That's so out of character. Does he have a fever?

I swayed my body from side to side, studying his face for any sign of illness. His eyes merely followed my movements in utter confusion.

Breaking the unbearable silence, Daisuke said brusquely, "Quit looking at me like that."

"No one's looking at you like anything," I huffed, leaning back onto my chair in a successful attempt to create some distance between us.

"Please. Just take it and make things easier for the both of us," Daisuke sighed in frustration.

My stretched out hand halted in front of the box cradled in his palms.

"Tell me why you're giving me this first. I know you're always up to something. Spill," I said curtly, drawing back my hand.

"Fine... It's to thank you for that recipe. My grandma really liked it," he mumbled, staring right down at his feet.

"Shouldn't you give this to my brother instead?" I hesitated to take the box from him yet again.

"I'll give him something else tomorrow. Just take it already," he said, irritation growing in his words.

"Hmm... Considering your pitiful, pitiful state... Alrighty'~" I scoffed with pride.

I flipped opened the gift box, and what was inside was simply marvelous.

I stared in awe, admiring every inch of its beauty.

A small diamond sat in the box, a shiny silver chain attached to it.

How expensive is this? 10 thousand...? No way... a hundred thousand...?! If I accept this gift, I'd owe him big time.

"I can't accept this!" I shoved the box away from me.

"This little thing? It's only 3 carats, no big deal. Just take it, gosh," Daisuke rolled his eyes.

"3-3 carats?" I felt my jaw drop as he said that. It was as if my soul had just left my body. I could never bring myself to wear something so expensive.

"Calm down. Just take it, please," he pushed the box towards me.

I could feel my mind start to buffer at that moment. To take it or to not? I was in a mess.

Daisuke let out a long sigh as a gesture of his infuriation, "For goodness sake..."

Before I could register what was happening, he leaned in towards me with the necklace all tangled up in his hands.

He brought both his hands at the sides of my face, one side of the silver chain held in each of them.

Slowly, he brought his arm behind my neck, his face leaning in closer and closer.

What the hell is he doing? Stop him, Sora! Slap him away! Kick him! Push him!

No matter how hard I tried to bring myself the shove him away from me immediately, there was something so magical in that moment that I couldn't do anything at all.