𝙳𝚘𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝙰𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

Daisuke's POV

"HEUSC... Can you book an appointment for me with the family doctor tomorrow?" I rubbed my earring, and asked.

"Appointment booked," HEUSC replied.

I put my hands above my head and stretched.

Gosh... I'm all sore from carrying that woman.

I smiled to myself, thinking about her.

Stop smiling. You idiot.

My lips fell flat at once.

I discreetly turned my head, scanning the room for anyone else who had seen me.

Running my hands through my hair, I let out a long an exasperated sigh.

"What is this feeling? I hate it," I mumbled, frowning.

Deftly, I slid my cigar box out of my pocket and lit it up instantly. Propping it between my fingers, I took a deep breath.

I feel... calmer.

With all my might, I exhaled. I inhaled again, but started coughing all of a sudden. It was getting hard to breathe.

"F-...fuck..." I said between coughs, using my hands to cover my mouth.

"Haaaa... I hate this so much," I scoffed, putting out my cigar on the ash tray.

Guess I'd better sleep for tomorrow's flight.

Daisuke's Hangar, 12:02p.m.
"I'm going home to sleep, see the you tomorrow at work," Haru put his hands behind his head and walked down the red carpet.

"Bye Rich Guy~" Sora waved.

"Would it kill you to call me by my actual first name?" I sighed loudly. Someone like her calling me pet names would be something I can never live down.

"I don't want people to think that I'm close to a person like you," she stuck out her tongue and rolled her eyes backwards.

"Hey, hey. Stop with the lovers' quarrel already," Suzue giggled.

A slight furrow grew in my eyebrows.

"Who are you calling lovers?" Sora and I said simultaneously.

Suzue looked away, her shoulders trembling slightly from laughing.

Sora stared at me, arms akimbo, and huffed.

"Whatever. Anyways, bye bye~!" she waved at Suzue. She shot me a cold glare, completely disregarding my presence.

I watched as she faded out of earshot.

"HEUSC, get me back home as soon as possible," I touched my earring.

"Daisuke, where are you going?" Suzue asked me.

So much work to do... The company, cases...

"Ahem," Suzue cleared her throat.

Ah. She asked me a question. What did she say again?

I rubbed my chin, trying to think of what she had asked me.

"Nevermind. The car is here," Suzue sighed, appearing defeated.

I opened the door in front of me, looking back at Suzue who was mumbling words under her breath.

Should I be glad that I can't hear her?

I slid myself into the backseat of the car and crossed my legs. I took quick impatient glances at my watch.