𝙷𝚎'𝚜 𝚂𝚊𝚏𝚎

"Haru! Haru, wait up!" I yelled as I desperately tried to catch up with him. He turned back, appearing confused, but continued dashing towards the suspicious man.

"Change of plans, you go catch that guy, I need to go somewhere real quick," I told him, catching my breath in between my words.

"I better get an explanation from you later, you hear me?" he yelled, panting heavily from all the running.

I waved my hand at him and took off, parting ways from Haru.

The necklace started beeping again, but I couldn't make out what Daisuke wanted to say.

Are these letters...? They don't make any sense... A...E...H...?

My eyes lit up in realisation as I looked down at the necklace in pure astonishment.

Shit, these were coordinates? Damn, I hate to admit it, but Daisuke's smart.

I slipped out my phone from my back pocket and typed in the numbers he had given me. Catching me by surprise, a large blue warning popped out on the screen.

"Connection Unavailable."

Oh no, no, no. You have to be kidding me.

I agressively tapped the screen, but the blue warning only continued to haunt me.

Screw it, let's wing it.

Making a few rounds around the area, not a trace of Suzue was found. By rough estimation, I was probably near the city area.

At the corner of my eye, a slender figure with long black hair garnered my attention. The helmet they were wearing fell to the ground, and the mysterious stature stood tall and prominently yet again.

Suzue...?

Suzue turned around and was staring right at me. She quickly washed off her dazed look with a wide smile and friendly wave. Her face and hands were covered with bruses and scratches, and her weight was shifted all on her left leg, as if her right foot had been injured.

Gosh, I'm lucky.

I sprinted over towards her and pulled up the motorcycle that lay flat on the ground just moments before.

"How'd you know I was here?" Suzue asked, sitting down on the seat, appearing exhausted.

"Long story. Where do I bring you now?" I asked her, setting myself down on the empty spot in front of her.

"Daisuke should be fine without us. We'll go back to the Kambe Residence first and await his orders," Suzue replied.

She reached her arms past me which activated HEUSC, "HEUSC, directions to the Residence, please."

The screen on the motorcycle lit up and the engine noise perfectly masked my bewildered gasps.

I regained my composure and a smug grin spread across my lips slowly, "Sorry in advance, Suzue. I don't have a licence~"

A loud cackle escaped my mouth as I slammed my foot on the gas pedal.

"Don't you think you're going a little too fast?!" Suzue screamed, grasping my shoulders tightly.

"I know what I'm doing... kinda," I mumbled the last part, before stepping on the gas pedal yet again, sending us at twice the speed as before.

Kambe Residence, 4:52p.m.
"Suzue, do you have any idea why my phone couldn't connect to the internet earlier?" I asked Suzue, who was typing loudly on a keyboard.

"There was a powerful radio jamming in your vicinity. I'm surprised Daisuke was able to send you messages through that thing," she laughed, focusing on the windows opened all over the large screen.

Daisuke never told me this was a communication device... I thought he was going to give me a normal gift for once.

"You do not have the authorisation to do so."

HEUSC's voice grabbed my attention in an instant.

"The hell...? HEUSC, what was the bomb planted in the Embassy and how do you detonate it?" Suzue reiterated her question.

"You do not have the authorisation to do so."

Suzue groaned in annoyance and repeated the question over and over again, but the same monotonous voice file played, not answering any of her questions one bit.

"HEUSC, don't be so mean to me, please..." Suzue wailed, leaning back onto her chair.

Wait... bomb... BOMB?!

"There was a bomb?" I yelled in utter confusion, "Is Daisuke okay? Is everyone safe? What about Hoshino and Haru?"

"I'm trying to export camera footage right now... I'm not sure about how they're doing over there," Suzue muttered, a hint of worry conspicuous in her tone.

They must be safe. They have to be.

Please be safe, please be safe.

My phone started to vibrate in my hand, taking me by surprise. Haru's contact flashed non-stop on my screen.

I had been so worried that something bad had happened to him. The hand covering my mouth refused to move away. I could feel my eyes getting teary at the reassuring knowledge that Haru was okay.

The ringtone rang louder than ever, and I answered the call right away. My hand trembled slightly as I brought the phone to my ear.

"Where are you? The Director called for all of us. Let's meet at the office, okay?" Haru said hurriedly.

I never would have ever found his voice so comforting. Knowing that he could've been seriously hurt, I just wanted to let all my emotions out and sob to my heart's content at that moment.

"Hey... Don't be so quiet, you're scaring me. Wherever you are, head to the office now," Haru said, before abruptly ending the call.

The phone slid out of my shaky hands and landed on the floor, a blunt sound breaking the tense silence in the room.

"Are they okay? Was that Haru?" Suzue stood up from her chair and asked.

I tried to reply her, but only managed to choke on the tears I were barely holding back. I nodded profusely, the tears finally managing to burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down my face.

"They're safe... They're safe..." I sighed in relief.

"Of course they are! Now, put on your helmet. I'll drive you to the station," Suzue beamed. Her smile gave so much solace to me at that moment.

As I got onto the motorcycle, only a few words reverberated in my head.

Daisuke is safe.

He's... safe.

Word count: 1025

A/N:
Hello, everyone!

I know I haven't been posting that much and I'm terribly sorry for that. I will try to push out mort chapter soon!

Also, for my (late) 20k special, what would you guys like to see?

(My unmotivated soul needs some inspiration)

Always remember to take care of yourself! 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕