6.

A faraway knocking sound made me snap out of my precious sleep.

I lay on my bed, unable to open my heavy, tired eyes. Yesterday had been a hard day. I forced myself to sink into my dream once again but the knocking just got louder and harsher.

I crawled onto the edge of my bed and stood up, a head rush quickly engulfing me into darkness. When it had passed, I slouched my way to the front door.

"For God's sake." I muttered, my eyes still half closed at I swung the door open.

"Rise and shine, cupcake." A blond girl greeted me, waltzing in and shutting the door behind her.

"Jess?" I asked, squinting at her beautiful blue dress and her silky hair tied into a ponytail. She looked amazing.

"Hurry up Scarlet." She said, opening every curtain in the house. "We're going to a cafè in...half an hour. Be ready."

"Nuh uh." I said, dragging myself back into my cosy bed.

I closed my eyes, peace lasting for around two seconds.

She burst into my room and started opening curtains, just as if we'd been friends for years.

"Noooooo." I moaned, burying my head under my pillow. "I don't wanna."

"Oh c'mon Scarlet." She begged, trying to pull the pillow out of my hands. "It'll be fun; we can get to know each other better."

"We can do that tomorrow." I insisted, closing my eyes once again.

She sighed loudly and grabbed hold of my feet pulling me downwards so that I would slide out of bed.

"No no no no." I laughed, attempting to grab the top of my mattress and hold myself up.

It was a lost battle as I lay down on the cold floor in a bundle of sheets.

"You're stubborn." I told her, picking myself up. "I like it."

-

The bright sunlight blinded us as we made our way towards a nearby cafè. I could hear my tummy grumbling.

"Oh by the way." Jess laughed, her ponytail swinging back and forth. "I'm being forced to bring another friend." She shrugged, kicking a stone out of the way.

"Forced?" I asked, looking up at her. She had very bold features and was a few inches taller than me. I looked down at my plain hoodie and sweatpants, nothing compared to her beautiful dress.

"It's a long story..." She trailed off, opening the door to the cafè.

I had never been to this one before and as soon as we entered I got such a strong feeling of homeliness and cosiness. My tummy grumbled even more as the smell filled me.

Jess grabbed my hand and shoved me into a booth, unable to hold her questions any longer.

"So..." She leaned forwards, her eyes sparkling. "How are you with the whole," she lowered her voice, "Ashton thing?"

I smiled. She really did care about me.

"I'm ok." I told her, smiling because I knew for a fact that I wasn't in denial. I was fine, I really was.

She squeezed my hand. "I'm glad." She whispered.

The hole in my heart was only representing the short time in which this had all happened, and I knew, and hoped, that with time it would heal.

"I'm starving." Jess said, putting her arm up to call a waiter's attention.

"What about your friend?" I asked, worried that she'd be offended if we ordered without her.