8.

I began to stir, feeling the weird and foreign bed underneath me. I breathed in heavily, surprised at the unfamiliar smell.

I snapped my eyes open and stared at the ceiling.

This was not my room.

I sat up gently and looked around me, taking in all that I could see. Memories of the past day came flooding back.

Even the ones of last night.

Luke.

I immediately shook off my thoughts. He had just been being nice and probably felt bad for treating and welcoming me so badly.

Or he was on drugs.

I climbed out of bed and sat right at the edge for a few seconds, collecting my thoughts.

Feeling the cold floor beneath my feet, I tiptoed to my door and turned the knob.

The house had an eery feeling, and all was silent so I grabbed my clothes and towel and targeted the bathroom door. I sprinted towards the bathroom, only to be stopped by little Ollie.

"Oh uh hi." I stammered.

"Hi." He answered, looking up at me with his big blue eyes.

"Oh. Were you going to use the bathroom?" I asked, pointing to the door. "I don't want to ruin your routine or anything."

He sighed. "It's ok. It's just that..."

"That what?" I asked.

"I'm usually the first." He shrugged his shoulders. "You can go though."

"Oh no no no." I insisted, subconsciously shoving my bra to the bottom of the pile of clothes in my hands. "You go."

"No. Please." He gestured, opening the bathroom door to let me go in.

"Thanks." I whispered, sliding in.

I had never had brothers before, so I didn't exactly know what to expect. I looked around, Luke's shaver lying besides the sink, and used boxers thrown carelessly to the side.

I shivered. Ew.

I removed my clothes, unhelpfully aware that Luke Hemmings was barely a few metres away from me, probably sleeping.

Shaking with cold, I stepped into the shower, furrowing my brows with confusion.

It looked like a goddam spaceship.

I turned a knob and stepped back in shock as freezing cold water came rushing down onto my skin.

I forced myself not to let out a loud gasp, and started fiddling with the knobs until the water became bearable.

After a quick shower trying not to dwell on the tiny blond hairs stuck to every surface, I slid back into my warm pijamas and emerged from the bathroom.

"WHAT THE FUCK-." I couldn't help shouting, as my bare foot was almost flattened by a remote control car. I jumped out of the way just in time to watch the thing zip down the hall and hop a makeshift ramp.

My eyes widened in horror as I saw what was at the other end of the jump.

"No way." I whispered, as I watched the car slam into a mountain of wrapped tampons, which exploded all over the hall with impact. Ollie ran past me, laughing manically and wielding the controls.

My head snapped up as Luke's door opened, obviously disturbed.

"What's all this fucking noise..." He murmured, scratching his cheek. His hair stood up at weird angles and his eyes were barely open.