♦️ 7 ♦️

"I need you. But you're not here."

Harley's POV:

Amanda stood in the room, a tablet in her hand. The hard woman cleared her throat, catching the attention of the doctor.

"Can I talk to you?" Amanda asked the honey blonde. Dr. Sage nodded, both of them leaving the room.

Third Person POV:

The female doctor shut the door behind them and Amanda showed her the tablet, pressing play on the video. Dr. Sage watched intently as Harley walked around her cell, talking to someone by the name of y/n.

"What's this?" Sage asked, still staring intently at the video.

"An insane woman going crazier by the hour. Is this normal? Let me rephrase that, is this something that's caused by head trauma? Something that can be fixed if knocked right." Amanda asked, locking the tablet when the video was done playing.

The doctor shifted on her feet, debating on how she wanted to answer that question, "I don't think so. I think this is suppressed trauma. There was nobody else in that video, or even in that room. I don't have a degree in Psychology, but I can get some head CT scans done to rule out the possibility of a tumor."

"And if she does have a tumor?" Amanda asked.

"Then it could explain the video. But, I wouldn't go as far as to say that the tumor is the cause of everything."

Harley's POV:

The clock on the wall ticked away as the minutes passed. So far they had been gone for ten minutes.

When the door finally opened, Amanda was the only one to come back in. She stalked over towards the bed and placed the table in front of my face, pressing play on the video that was on the screen.

"What's this?" I asked, glancing up at her.

"We were going through our surveillance footage to find out what triggered you to slam your head against the bars. Repeatedly. This is all that we found. A video of you talking to yourself for hours on end." Amanda sighed, pulling the tablet away but I grabbed it, holding it closer to my face as I watched it again.

"You kept saying the name y/n over and over again."

My breath caught in my throat as I watched the clear video, seeing myself laughing and talking like there was another person in the room.

"But I wasn't talking to myself, I was talking to y/n!" I hissed, "Did you not get to the part where I almost made out with her?!"

Amanda furrowed her eyebrows, retracting the tablet from my grasp, "Harley, we have no video footage of that. At all."

"How? You gave me my freedom! You let me out of my cage and then, and then! I'm not crazy!" I ripped out the IV wires in my arms, wincing as it burned, "You're trying to make me feel like I'm crazy! I'm not crazy!"

"Harley," y/n tried.

"Shut up!" I snarled, tugging and ripping out tufts of my hair, "I'm not crazy! I saw her! I was talking to her! I'm not crazy, I'm not crazy!"

Dr. Sage and another nurse shuffled into the room, springing into action as they stabbed a needle into my neck. I growled, ripping it out of my neck and stabbing it right into the doctors arm, pushing past Amanda as I ran down the hallway.

The hallway started moving, turning and shifting like it was some rollercoaster ride. My vision blurred and everything started spinning like I just took a tab of acid.

People around me looked like y/n, they all did. They even sounded like her. My foot got caught up on one of the medical carts in the hallway, falling to the floor as the box of medical tools clattered next to me.

Neon green hair appeared in front of me, holding a scalpel to my neck. The sharp blade dug into my neck, warm trickles of blood spilling out.

"Puddin!" I called, reaching out towards my lover, "Save me."

Joker clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth, pressing the blade further against the pale flesh of my neck, "Don't I always, doll face?"

Third Person POV:

Dr. Sage, Amanda and a few hospital security guards ran through the halls of the hospital, rounding a corner to see Harley fall to the floor. The sedative Dr. Sage had given her work, making Harley's legs weak like a baby dear.

"You should tend to your arm." Amanda pointed at the flesh wound on her arm from the syringe. Sage shrugged Amanda's worry off, her only concern was getting Harley back into the bed and getting her better.

All of them stopped in their tracks when they noticed Harley held a scalpel to her throat, the blade digging into her flesh. Any person would know that if she cut just a little deeper, she would knick the juggler vein and Harley would bleed out in only a few seconds.

"Harley, put the scalpel down." Amanda slowly walked around the blonde, crouching in front of her so they were face to face.

Harley smiled weakly, her eyes closed as the drug kicked in, "Y/n! You're here!"

Amanda looked up Sage, Sage wincing as her wound throbbed but helped Amanda take the deranged woman back into her hospital room, offering apologies to the staff around them.

"Let me know as soon as you have the results of those scans." Amanda exhaled tiredly, "I'm going to get us some coffee."

Sage nodded, leaving the room right behind Amanda when she made sure that Harley was sleeping, giving the guard outside of her room a small smile.

Amanda pulled out her candy red iPhone and dialed the familiar number of one of her colleagues, putting the phone up to her ear.

"Get me everything you can find on a Y/n. I don't have a last name yet, but there's got to be one associated with our inmate."