4

Demi

Deep down, she was completely in love with every aspect of him, and desperate to keep him. They way he touched her was different and new from any other man she'd ever been intimate with. She loved him with such an intensity and such a passion that it scared the shit out of her. So, she didn't love him. Or at least, she told herself that she didn't. She kept control, making it seem like she didn't care when he was with those other girls but even their names out of his mouth made her teem with jealousy. He was hers. And no one else could have him. She'd never slept with anyone other than Nick since they had started their agreement. Sure she'd made out with a few guys in clubs but she never went further because she felt something wasn't right, they weren't him. With every touch, every moan, and every breathless kiss, she fell more and more in love with him. As much as she fought it she couldn't. Every time they moved as one underneath the sheets she would fight tooth and nail ro not scream out those three words that would ruin absolutely everything. That's why she left him each morning after giving him a soft kiss on his sleeping lips, she didn't' want to deal with the torture of leaving the man she loved behind. It was easier when he couldn't fight to make her stay, because she knew it would only take one word to have her back in his arms. He had this power over her, to make her say and do anything. there was no question, if he asked her to stay she would. If he asked her to walk away from everything, no matter how much it would hurt, she would. He didn't know, about the way he controlled her, and that was a good thing. She didn't want to love him, but she couldn't stop. There was no reversing, or stopping it, the momentum was built up too much and all she could do was try to make sure she kept the damage to both of their hearts to a minimum.

Demi's POV

I'd shown too much emotion to Olivia and Nick sleeping together, I'd shown him how much it actually bothered me. In reality, it killed me, ripping my heart into pieces when I saw the nail marks in his back. I didn't have any rightful hold over Nick, but I didn't care, he's mine and the bitch couldn't have him.

I could feel my insides buzzing as I drove to Nick's house. I couldn't wait to see him, I couldn't wait to kiss and touch him, to just feel his body against mine. Yes, the sex was the best I'd ever had, but I loved the after even more. When he held me against his side, my head on his chest, just about his steady, beating heart, it made me want to never let go. The sound was always solid, and even, just the words I would use to describe Nick. I could always count on him, he was my rock in the confusion of the fast lane world we lived in. I pulled into the driveway and immediately slammed on my breaks, gravel flying as I skidded to a stop.

Olivia fucking Culpo.

Her car was parked next to Nick's sleek, black Range Rover. They had a history, but Nick assured me that it was over before we started our... relationship? But now here she is, again. I wish I could say I was pissed, and walked into the house, demanding to know why she was here, and why she was leaving nail marks in my Nick's back. I wish I could say I keyed her car, or did something to get out my anger, but no. Instead, I was filled with hurt, and tears welled up in my eyes as I pulled out of the driveway, speeding back to my house where I curled up on my bed, sobbing out my unjustified feelings. I felt like I'd been cheated on. It was stupid, because I didn't have any claim on Nick, nor was he bound to me in any way, but it still hurt. A lot. I know he doesn't love her- he loves me, but she could give him so much more than I could. I had to stay away, I had to let him be happy.

Now you've got some substitute for me, but he's not the one, and it leaves me, numb.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel