one hundred and fifty nine: poker face

rossi looked between all four of you talking about him going in and playing poker in order to help figure out who the man is that is responsible for these crimes.

rossi shook his head.

"no, no," he began. "i would prefer to spend my money on something valuable like nice paintings or a fine cigar. i had my time with playing poker."

prentiss nodded.

"you know, rossi," she began. "we know that you're good at poker but what if we sent him in?" she asked, nodding towards reid as you looked over at him.

"i am banned from casinos in las vegas, laughlin, and parump because of my card counting ability," reid responded back.

rossi sat back in his chair, before sitting back up at looking at prentiss once more as he replied.

"look, i know i'm not a genius like the boy wonder here, but poker is not blackjack. it's about bluffing, reading human nature, head games. it's not math," rossi replied as you looked over at reid who just couldn't help himself.

"that's not entirely accurate," he began, standing up as he walked over to the board while you put you kept your eyes on him. "there actually is a mathematical equation for knowing when to raise and when to fold. if p represents the size of the pot at the time of play, then p times n minus one with n representing the estimated number of players in the final round of betting-" he continued to ramble but rossi cut him off.

"ok, fine. i surrender," he said. "just try not to lose all of my money."

reid nodded, snapping his fingers as he looked back over at you while you sat down in your seat, smiling to yourself as you stared at the file in front of you.

reid continued to stare at you, finally walking over towards you as he took the empty seat beside you.

you looked up, seeing him sitting next to you.

"you have a good poker face, spence?" you asked him as he continued to stare at you sweetly. "i take that as a yes?" you asked.

he continued to stare at you while rossi, prentiss, and j.j. all watched what he was doing just staring at you like this.

you continued to look at him in confusion, not understanding why he kept looking at you like this.

"okay, what the hell is it-" you began to ask but reid pressed a kiss to your lips as prentiss raised her eyebrows in shock as the rest of the team sort of cleared their throats as they looked the other direction.

when he let go, he stood up as he gave you one more smile before walking over to the board where he was going to help write down some of the information regarding the case.

you sat there staring forward as you felt like you couldn't breathe while your eyes stared forwards toward the table.

"____," rossi was calling your name. "_____. _____!" he said a little louder as you finally looked over at him.

"yeah?" you asked softly, clearing your throat as you made eye contact with him.

"did you hear us?" he asked.

you opened your mouth but immediately closed it, seeing as you couldn't speak right now.

reid always made you speechless but for some reason, this was different. maybe it's because you didn't know about his gambling probations and that made you see him a little differently than expected, in a good way, of course.

"_____?" prentiss asked as you continued to look aimlessly over towards rossi but not looking directly at him.

reid smiled to himself.

"spence, you broke _____," j.j. said as he looked over at you. you couldn't take your eyes off of the nothing you were looking at.

"she'll snap out of it in a couple of minutes," he told them as you stayed looking at the table now.

"i think you should just fix it," rossi said. "look at what you did to the girl. she can't even speak!"

reid looked over at you before walking over to the seat next to you once more as he took a seat, pressing a kiss to your cheek as you cleared your throat a little.

"hey," you said softly. "what's going on?" you asked him softly.

"they needed you to hear about the case," he said softly to you as you nodded.

"oh okay," you muttered, looking back at him, observing his chocolate brown eyes while a small smile crept onto your lips. "i love you, spence. even though you broke me."

he nodded. "i can do more later, if you want?"

you felt blush come heavily to your cheeks as you cleared your throat, looking back towards the table. reid chuckled.

"____," he said softly to you. "i love you."

"i love you too," you immediately replied as you looked back over at him again before focusing back on the case.

although, you held onto reid's hand and caused him to stay sitting next to you.

he didn't mind at all.