eighty two: asking questions

you were walking down the hallway to get to morgan's office in order to give him some reports when you ran into someone along the way. looking up, you saw it was kevin who gave you a nervous smile.

"hey, kevin," you said kindly as he gave you another smile, watching you put some stuff away in the folder in order to give it all to morgan. "sorry about that. i'm just really busy with a new case that i need to get to morgan."

he nodded, anxiously fiddling with his hands as you held the folder close to your body as you looked at him.

"everything okay?" you asked.

he let out a sigh. "well, i know that you're married to reid and-"

you shook your head. "i'm not married to reid," you said with a confused smile. "who told you that?"

"well, i just thought that-" he began but you cocked your head in confusion which caused him to stop his sentence before restarting it. "penelope told me."

you let out a sigh, running a hand through your hair gently before looking back up at him.

"well," you started. "reid and i aren't married and we aren't engaged either. we're still just dating. but anyways, is there anything i can do for you?"

"well, it was involving the whole marriage thing but since you aren't really married-"

"are you proposing to garcia?" you asked with a cheesy smile, looking up at him. kevin ran a hand behind his head and onto his neck before sliding it into his pocket.

"maybe," he muttered. "but i just, i need advice for it."

at that time, morgan came out of his office as he came over to the two of you and stood next to you.

"_____, kevin, everything okay?" he asked.

you nodded, looking over at him as you got out the folder.

"this is our case. j.j. told me to send it over to you to look over on your way to the conference room and hotch will be giving us more details later," you told him as he nodded, taking the folder.

"now what's going on here?" he asked.

"first off, did you hear anyone say that reid and i are married because-" you began but morgan cut you off with his sentence.

"yeah, i heard that from j.j. she said that you two went out one night and then got proposed. apparently garcia saw the whole thing?"

you shook your head. "yeah, we aren't married and i'm not engaged to clear that up. second off, kevin wants to propose to garcia!"

morgan gave him a smile. "that's great! congratulations," he said before urging you to come along with him to the conference room. you walked along side him, looking down at your copy of the case.

"it says that there was a murder that happened-" you began reading to morgan but kevin interrupted you both.

"_____, derrick, please," he said as you two kept walking. "you've got to help me out here. how should i do it? should i-"

you let out a sigh, walking past all the desks that were beyond morgan's and out in the open.

"kevin," you began. "we have a lot of work to do. i'm sorry," you told him sweetly before continuing your walk with morgan up to the room.

"well, when is the right time to pop the question? i mean, what if i did it over some tacos and red bull? or maybe-"

morgan stopped up at the doorway to the room as you looked over at kevin along with him. you kept your grip on the case file as you waited for what he was going to say.